Sign in to follow this  
Autobahn27

I want to try TS Mods, but....

Is it safe?

should i make a backup to the entire file into one .rar?

edit: TI just restore the title and the question to avoid confusion

Guest Rabbit

It really depends on what kind of mod it is, but you really shouldn't have to back anything up.

If it's a basic TibEd mod or rules.ini mod, you don't need to back anything up. Likewise, if it's a mod that just comes with something like "expand05.mix," it's as simple as putting the file into your Tiberian Sun folder, and removing it when you no longer want to play that particular mod. At no point should any mod you install overwrite your original game files.

Some of the more advanced mod installers will come with their own executable that installs and uninstalls the mod each time you play it, so your game acts like normal until you specifically click to play the mod version.

I usually make a whole copy of my TS folder to install the mod into, just so it is completely separate from my original game. That way I don't have to make backups; I can simply still play both.

Don't recycle topics like that! If you have a new question, just make a new one, but don't completely change the original topic and post! That makes threads horriby confusing for other people reading them, since none of our original replies still make any sense at all for your new question!

Your topic appears to be modding related so it has been moved to the correct forum.