Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

GameSpot's Greatest Game Series of the Decade

Guinness World Records Gaming Edition may had called the Halo series as the best series of all time, but unfortunately with this huge list of games by Gamespot, Halo series is OUT in the first round, beaten by Final Fantasy!!!

Vote now until September 12:

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-game-series/peoples-choice/index.html?page=2

Also out in the first round: C&C (knocked out by FarCry!!), Starcraft (knocked out by Elder Scrolls -- so much for saying one of the best RTS games out there), Crysis, Guild Wars, Gears of War

Also out in the second round: Call of Duty, Resident Evil, Super Mario, Portal, Splinter Cell, Left 4 Dead

Edited by zocom7

Guest Rabbit

I hate this style of "voting" for the best game. Game series are all different, and they each have a different fan base, so pitting them up in groups of two is completely unrealistic.

I mean, come on, C&C vs GTA? No **** GTA would win. Wii Sports vs Assassin's creed? Come the hell on. They should at least pair up games that are similiar (or even competing) games in the very beginning of the matches.

Let's try C&C vs Starcraft, GTA vs Saints Row, Call of Duty vs Battlefield, and things like that. The pairing up system they start with in this case is ridiculous because you're trying to compare oranges with refridgerators, and yet wheelbarrows are winning because they're currently more relevant.

I like the way you think, Zee. And I completely agree. The best series is entirely subjective and based upon the merit of the series in the player's eyes. Some might say Call of Duty is the best; or Halo; or Battlefield; or Fallout; or Bioshock; or Borderlands; or whatever series you can possibly think of! This is comparing apples to oranges and having a vegetable win. It's ridiculous at best.

Rofl... What a cluster****. They could have at least put SOME effort into it. It just looks like they took a whole bunch of random games and just threw them all together.

• Upvote 1

While I am agreeing with Zee and Luk3us on this, this voting method with a random selection of the list is one of the worst ever. I mean if you look in past votings in Gamespot, the most voted game hero character was Gordon Freeman (from Half-Life) while the most voted game sidekick was Launchpad McQuack from Duck Tales (who beat out Albert Einstein from the C&C Red Alert series!).

There are some game series that should be in this list such as Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex, Madden NFL and The Sims. Where are they?

Edited by zocom7

Guest Rabbit

I wouldn't really count the sidekick contest. 4chan got a hold of that one, intentionally voting the worst sidekicks to the top.

Looks like it's Grand Theft Auto vs Elder Scrolls in the finals btw. This could be a stunner.

As usual Gamespot fails.

Rayman vs Splinter Cell?!

LittleBigPlanet vs Uncharted?!

Shouldn't it be Rayman vs LittleBigPlanet at the very least?

First time an article has actually made me feel a little angry inside. :P

Edited by CyborgBanana

The big finale: The Elder Scrolls vs. GTA!!!

...please.

I'm calling this now, GTA will win this.
Not sure why -- just have this gut feeling, hmm... odd. Maybe I should check my calender.

Edited by CyborgBanana

I can't believe Elder Scrolls won this. Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!

And for that reason, Elder Scrolls Anthology has been released with five games for around $79.99 USD!

I don't mind the elder scrolls. Though I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim...

Oblivion being a much better game than Skyrim, imo.

The main quest and guilds are better in Oblivion, but Skyrim is a better game in nearly everything else.
Although I really hated the unnecessarily tedious grinding associated with the skills other than the combat skills.

Anyway, I'm a bit shocked that TES won this simply because GTA V is around the corner.

I guess hype doesn't make such a big influence in the voting after all.

Edited by CyborgBanana