Sign in to follow this  
J-Fire_Man

Antivirus

Just wondering about what antivirus you use in your comp? I still use this crappy Norton 2004. I will change it with another antivirus soon.

I've got the latest version of McAfee - it's excelent.

It downloads and installs the latest definitions itself & is megga user friendly.

I have Norton Corporate. I recommend Norton for anyone. McAfee is crap; took 2 hours to scan my computer but with Norton, it's 30 minutes.

I also use an online virusscanner from trend micro. its pretty quick and good.

Norton sucks. The norton I have on my comp is actually infected, and everytime it scans or you try to delete it, it copies itself. So, I just don't use it.

Since I was forced to use some anti virus protection I'm using avg. Its free so yeah.

Norton sucks. The norton I have on my comp is actually infected, and everytime it scans or you try to delete it, it copies itself. So, I just don't use it.

True, Norton sometimes can't handle some viruses. It even infected by the virus. But, looks like I will still stick with Norton.

I've used every version of Norton AV since 2001. Currently using Norton AV 2004. I've had no problems using the program, it intercepts any nasties that get through. I've never actually had an infection to clean out of my system. And since I use MailWasher to check my e-mail before it downloads into my inbox none of the attached viruses even get to my computer. I just delete them right off the mail server ;)

Antivirus software is only good if you keep updated. There are lots of poeple who either don't have any or if they do they don't update it.

Like Fenring, I also recommend Norton to other people. I also tell them this.....

Use Norton AV, full system scan weekly - Keep it updated

Use ZoneAlam (free version) - Keep it updated

Use Spybot, scan weekly - Keep it updated

Use Adaware, scan weekly - Keep it updated

Thats what I have on my system, my system is clean.

The free antivirus software AVG it is for me... I've been using this for the last 4 years and for some reason won't use anything else. I've tried using expensive packages, but I just don't like em.. AVG is fine, it's got awards for 100% detection rate, and I've recommended it to many friends and they love it. It's the best Free Anti virus about..

It can be downloaded at: http://www.grisoft.com

I hate AVG. I installed it and the forst thing it did was delete some vital Windows file that caused an error on boot-up.

Luckilly all I had to do was re-install Windows, but I deleted AVG so fast after that. McAfee is so much more user-friendly than AVG anyway - while that obviously isn't the most important factor, I do like a clean and clear interface.

AVG is crap, free but "deadly". Well, the thing I like from Norton is it's fast virus scan. It only takes about 15-20 to scan the the entire files.

Whats wrong with AVG? Works perfectly for me. Norton and all the others cost to much.

Cost much, but better than AVG. That's for sure. I've tried using AVG, it's powerfull but slow.

Yeah maybe... But you're going to pay just for the job to get done a tad quicker?

Hehe......here is my opinion about norton:

- Fast

- Not weak, but not powerfull

- Nice update

- Made by proffesionals 8)

- Expensive

Yep I'd agree with you on all of that. Cept I don't really like paying for software so anything free is good. I got better things to do with the little bit of cash I have.

AVG is made by professionals as well, there is a version you can pay for, that basically allows for quicker scans and more features. At the end of the day I just want something that's gonna remove those damn viruses. As long as it does that and does it well then I don't care what it is.

I use AVG

for me it's the best antivirus software there is

it's powerfull, user friendly and you have updates nearly every day!!

and it's free for personal use!!!!! FREE :P

few months ago I used NORTON

but the updates weren't that frequent...

This isn't directly related to virus protection but its kind of in the same field.

Does anyone else here have Zone Alarm Pro? Under the privacy tab in there is an option to block all ads. Anyway I find this works good on most sites. But on others it'll block any image it sees. Which annoys the hell out of me. Anything like this happen to you? My mate who has it too says nothing like that every happens to him.

If you don't like paying for software, why the heck did you buy Zone Alarm Pro?

1. Free Zone Alarm is pretty decent (unless you have a network)

2. Windows has a built-in firewall that does the job.

If luk3us had zone alarm pro and he don't like paying for software.... where'd you think he got it from? I mean it don't take 2 monkeys to work that one out! :roll:

Does anyone else here have Zone Alarm Pro? Under the privacy tab in there is an option to block all ads. Anyway I find this works good on most sites. But on others it'll block any image it sees. Which annoys the hell out of me. Anything like this happen to you? My mate who has it too says nothing like that every happens to him.

Just use the free version of ZoneAlarm. So what if you have put up with some banners on websites. If you hate pop ups just use the SP2 version of IE.

If luk3us had zone alarm pro and he don't like paying for software.... where'd you think he got it from? I mean it don't take 2 monkeys to work that one out! :roll:

What utter slander! Also I actually worked out how to get around my prob guys so don't worry.