Sign in to follow this  
dbjs2009

Mental Omega 3.0 Public Beta to Be Released Soon

After a long wait, a date has been marked, the new Mental Omega 3.0 public beta is to be released on the 30th of November this year. As you all know, the Mental Omega mod is an unofficial expansion pack for Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge that has been enhanced with the Ares Expansion DLL, featuring a new gameplay experience with all new campaigns, units, buildings and much more. Here's the new public beta trailer:

This Public Beta will feature:
  • 9 new subfactions with their own unique sets of units
  • 36 new singleplayer missions, including a campaign for Yuri
  • 18 new cooperative maps for 2 players
  • new skirmish/multiplayer maps
  • new skirmish/multiplayer game modes
  • updated visuals & audio
  • new soundtrack (separate download)

Visit the Mental Omega website for more details.

• Upvote 2

Epic! Can't wait for it and for a new campaign. I'll specially install RA2: Yuri's Revenge to check this mod again.

I think this mod may be an official expansion for Yuri's Revenge, because it's really a high quality modification.

Guest Stevie_K

Intense!

I have no other choice now than to convince my buddy to try out some co-op missions when this launches.

New campaigns? So how many missions altogether for Mental Omega in the first three versions?

1.0/1.2 - none

2.0 - ~30 single

3.0 - 36 single + 18 coop

3.0 missions are completely new and not updates of 2.0 missions.

Edited by Speeder

If there is anything positive I can still say about Command & Conquer, this mod would be it. A real testament of true; hardcore modding talent. Think I'll get my copy of YR installed for this. :)

So MO 3.0 is a new version as a sequel to 2.0?

That could means MO is the very first C&C mod to have a sequel of its own and still have new campaign missions. Wow.

Edited by zocom7

If we're talking about the story we've prepared for new version, then MO 3.0 is a sequel to Red Alert 1.

Edited by Speeder

Ha - that was unexpected - I wasn't paying attention before.

From your moddb page:

Mental Omega: Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge started off as a balance modification for Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri’s Revenge. After a few years, it had grown into an unofficial sequel with new campaigns for the Allies, Soviets, and Yuri. Now, Mentalmeisters hope to revive interest in this classic game with Mental Omega 3.0.

Enhanced with powerful Ares DLL, Mental Omega 3.0 strives to bring new features to Red Alert 2 Yuri’s Revenge while maintaining a strong sense of gameplay balance.

Mental Omega APYR mod will continue where the first Red Alert left off and branch out into an expanded universe with brand new missions for all three factions.

Interesting idea.