Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Upgraded to VDSL

Recently switched my Broadband internet from ADSL 2+ to the newer VDSL. Free install and same cost per month. Seemed like a good deal to me :thumbsup:

Connections speeds are great, and the service person who did the install said it will probably get faster over the next 5-7 days, no idea how that works.

VDSL Speeds (ASDL 2+ speed in brackets)

• Downstream - 43 Mbps ( 20 Mbps)
  • Upstream - 10 Mbps (1 Mbps)

3111048281.png

Overall, I'm happy :)

Pff, its only a little faster than regular broadband. :P

3112320584.png

Are you on old ADSL or ADSL 2+ Luk3us?

3113456656.png

Never had much problems with my ISP :3

Mind you, this is from work... but I got the same ISP at home.

Too bad my area in California of the US of A lacked VDSL service, just ADSL. However most people in the US tend to use cable, fiber-optic or Wi-Fi instead of any type of DSL.

Edit: As of my 2501th post, I am now a veteran member of CNCNZ. ^_^

Edited by zocom7

I'm jelly... I miss my home's Verizon FiOS.... 25/25Mbps :( Now this is what I got..

3134687322.png

When I had VDSL installed back in November 2013 they told me over time the connection would get faster.... they were right! Up to 60Mbps downstream now.

rPlOIUO.png3250231250.png

Guest Stevie_K

3250805773.png

I am jelly jelly. :thumbsup:

Not that I can actually feel any difference from 16 compared to the 100 they have at my university. I guess it doesn't really matter too much if you don't care for torrents and such.

I am paying for 20 to 30 so I should probably call and hear whats up. :) (at least internet is cheap in Europe compared to the US I hear).

3253382045.png

About 20$ per month. I even consider to lower my speed, extend the contract and pay about 15$ per month for 4mbs.

Sometimes, i have some issue with radio antenne (6 Ghz), but most of the time it works marvelous.

Currently in the process of having Ultra-Fast Fibre broadband installed, upgrading to a 100Mbps down/20Mbps up with unlimited data . It should be up and running early next week. Anyway, I recently installed a new Huawei HG659b modem, replacing the old Technicolor modem I had. And just yesterday I noticed some extreme sync speeds from my current VDSL connection....

YrjvHHv.png

Just look at those upstream and downstream rates. A test from Speedtest.net shows....

4786521443.png

I wasn't aware that VDSL was capable to such high sync rates.

Too bad the US doesn't even offer this technology of VDSL... yet. :( Just pricey cable and fiber optic cable costs, and DSL is safer than cable.

Edited by zocom7