Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Some leftover questions

I am not sure if it's okay to post this.

Well I finally got the C&C F2P download from Origin (thanks to a guy who gave me an unused alpha key, and also the good news is that I got another unused key given to me from someone in GR.org that can be saved for another new C&C game other than this cancelled C&C F2P). Zee once told me the hard drive space needed to install the game was over 3 GB and somehow the game itself was installed to only 2.1 GB.

Here's the thing on what I collected some data so far with this cancelled C&C game:

1) The fonts used in the game are Arial, Eurostile (most types excluding Eurostile Next and other premium versions of it), Courier New and Verdana. WHY DIDN'T EALA USED EUROSTILE IN C&C3 and C&C GENERALS BACK THEN?! :flame:

2) All portrait icons, cursors and fonts can be obtained easily. (because they are there -- already extracted)

3) All maps used the format of SC and TOC. I counted 5 Deathmatch maps, one tutorial, one front-end test, and one MP Horde map.

4) Frostbite 2 Engine core data used in the game are CAS files. I hope one year that type of file shall be opened.

Several leftover questions:

1) Can this game work on Windows 7/8/Vista 32-bit? The system requirements said it needs a 64-bit OS but the recommended requirements also meant to use a 64-bit OS.

2) Can the alpha version work offline?

3) Does the alpha version have a skirmish mode? If so, what factions/generals are playable as AI?

4) What factions and generals were playable at the time the last alpha version was updated?

5) How many maps are playable?

6) Any new elements in gameplay (I do not know of) besides the same old gameplay from every C&C game?

Edited by zocom7

WHY DIDN'T EALA USED EUROSTILE IN C&C3 and C&C GENERALS BACK THEN?! :flame:

One of the most pressing questions of the universe.

1) Can this game work on Windows 7/8/Vista 32-bit? The system requirements said it needs a 64-bit OS but the recommended requirements also meant to use a 64-bit OS.

I'm sure it does but its not supported. It was recommended that a Windows 64bit OS is used. This was a Frostbite engine requirement.

2) Can the alpha version work offline?

No offline mode. It was all based in the cloud server infrastructure. If the servers are are offline the game can not be played.

3) Does the alpha version have a skirmish mode? If so, what factions/generals are playable as AI?

Yes skirmish was there, but your still online as the client needs to communicate with the server.

4) What factions and generals were playable at the time the last alpha version was updated?

Someone who actually played it regularly could probably answer this better. Haven't looked at it many months.

5) How many maps are playable?

There were only a handful of maps, like 5 or 6 I think. They added 1 or 2 more. There were plans to get more maps into the game from what I heard.

6) Any new elements in gameplay (I do not know of) besides the same old gameplay from every C&C game?

Yes. There was a PvE mode where you would fight off and defend against waves of enemies. But overall it played like a C&C game in the traditional sense, albeit with modernisation and differences here and there. Keep in mind it never moved past the alpha stage so everything is a bit hit and miss, bugs a plenty... basically nothing is finished, polished or completed.