PurpleGaga27

Early Black Friday free giveaway!

For those who are interested in Generals 2 images, cursors and fonts in use with other C&C mods/games, this is the chance you'll finally have them, all uploaded by myself:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23878606/Generals+2+files.rar (RAR5 format)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uozv736aifwcxw4/cnc_f2p_files.rar (Normal RAR format)

Also, only a few other members from this forum will also get what you deserve, check your PMs.

Edit: WinRAR 5 is required to open the file due to the RAR5 format usage.

Edited by Zee Hypnotist
Added a link.
  • Upvote 2

The file's corrupted.

Generals 2? No such game.... and yeah your file is bad. Doesn't open.....

54JHcYU.png

Latest version of WinRAR 5 is required to open the file, guys.

Guest Rabbit

It would have been helpful to mention this in your first post, considering you have to specifically tell winrar 5 to format in rar5 mode.

Yeah, but other than that, it's a pretty nice pack. May prove useful someday.

Why not use the normal Winrar compression? <_<

Someone please just reupload this with the usual compression.

What's wrong with the new RAR compression? I'll bet RAR5 format compression is a little bit greater than older versions of the RAR format compression.

What's wrong with the new RAR compression? I'll bet RAR5 format compression is a little bit greater than older versions of the RAR format compression.

Well lets compare shall we....

• Generals 2 files.rar (zocom7 uploaded/RAR5 compression) - 69.0 MB
  • cnc_f2p_files.rar (Zee uploaded/Normal RAR compression) - 68.9 MB

Very little difference and not worth bothering with.

Well the RAR format compression is no longer my concern. My newest concern is this from CNC_Tethis:

Greetings,
Please do not post, advertise or mention where you can download assets related to the now cancelled C&C F2P game. These assets are EA property thus you must obtain permission in order to use or distribute them publicly.
If you have any assets relating to C&C F2P you must seek permission from EA in order to use them. Failure to seek permission from EA to use C&C F2P assets to distribute publicly or private use may result in legal action(if any) should it be needed.

Source: http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/index.php/topic/32789-notice-about-use-of-cc-f2p-assets/

I mean WTH? The game was free-to-play and now it's cancelled with no one in EA to answer for permissions and any leftover Q&A. It was allowed in GR.org and here as well. There is no one in EA in charge of C&C RIGHT NOW, not unless JVC is still there. Asking for permission? There is no one I know in EA I could ask for permission to release this sort of material, if that would involve any cost, not even Sam Bass or AGMLauncher!

At least this was better than the cancelled Tiberium without any alpha/beta release to private testers, or else the assets wouldn't be there.

Edited by zocom7

Guest Rabbit

CNC_Tethis is not a lawyer, and not a representative of EA. He is a moderator on the official forums. If EA has an issue with you posting any of these materials, they can message you themselves. Don't worry about it.

If an official representative of EA contacts you or ourselves, we will cooperate and take any offending material down. When Tiberium Alliances first came out, I found all of the Nod materials before it was officially released, and the TOS for the game said that we were finally allowed to post any game related materials online. We did, and EA requested we remove them, so we complied. They knew that the NDA was expired, so they claimed that we were posting copyrighted materials, which honestly was a good legal excuse, but in any case, we complied without any complaint.

In this case, EA has publicly stated that we can talk, post pictures, etc of the game. The NDA was lifted, and thousands of people gained access to this game as a result. Since when has there been an issue with us extracting content from any other game? Any time there has been a cancelled game in the past, everyone has always posted what they could about it, and frankly, there has never been a problem with extracting images and data from games that are not yet freeware.

In conclusion, if EA publicly posts or messages us that we are not to post anything, then we will comply. A moderator on the forums though is not an official employee of EA and has no authority on what we can and can't post.

With that in mind, he posted it on the official EA forums, so in all honesty, his post doesn't apply here anyway, and it's really not important.

Not to mention how we got game assets after the games were cancelled from the devs themselves twice. Just remember the Renegade 2 art pack and the TIBERIUM soundtrack.