PurpleGaga27

Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

I like Bejeweled. A free copy isn't going to hurt.

Same here.

You can get Tropico 3 for free on Humble Bundle (Steam). Hurry up, because it's only 20 more hours as of writing this post. There should be a new free game every week.

Now that title sounds and looks better than most average indie game titles. That game looks like a 3D alternative version of Sim City.

Now that title sounds and looks better than most average indie game titles. That game looks like a 3D alternative version of Sim City.

I've played a demo of the first Tropico game a while ago, it's a very well thought-out, in-depth socioeconomic simulator (and also has a great soundtrack and lots of humour). If the third instalment in the series is as good as the first one it certainly is worth checking out!

[Edit] Yep, it seems like a faithful follow-up on the original game (Tropico 2 has a different setting, a 17th century pirate island).

Edited by MrFlibble

Dragon Age: Origins is on the house over at Origin.

It's great to have one of the best RPG games of all time to be temporarily free.

Gee, I am in a tossed-up situation trying to finish downloading Diablo III Starter Edition versus downloading the tech preview demo of Windows 10, and..... Renegade-X Beta 3 still has not been released yet at the time of this post.

Dragon Age origins was an awesome game, DAII... Not so much. :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/478800/blog/golden-joysticks-free-xcom-games-now-being-dispatched/

Good news! Digital distributor Green Man Gaming is now distributing free copies of Firaxis' seminal sci-fi strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown to voters of this year's Golden Joystick Awards.

To claim your free game, follow these steps:

1. Place your votes - Head over to the and pick your winners. Make sure you submit your votes with the same email address as your GMG account if you have one.
  2. Claim your free game - Make your way to goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com and fill in the 'Claim your free game' form. If you're registering your GMG account for the first time, make sure you use the same email address you used for the Golden Joystick Awards website.
  3. Link your Steam account - If you're an existing Playfire member with your Steam account linked, you're already finished.

There, vote and get XCOM EU. :)

Hmmm. Two temporary free games on the same day. B)

But unfortunately for my first time ever, I decided to pass on both Aliens vs Predator 2000 and XCOM Enemy Unknown. While that latest XCOM game on an Unreal Engine 3 is a very good deal, I decided not to play a new type of game that I don't normally play and even have time for. Both of these games require some tasks in order to get to the freebies.

Besides, if I want an action strategy and RPG hybrid with a mix of horror and suspense, I'll go with Fallout 3 instead and I wish it shall be promotionally free one day.

Edited by zocom7

I already own XCom. :(

Good game though. :)

French game Little Big Adventure is temporarily free to download at GOG.com until tomorrow at 7:59am GMT.

Edited by zocom7

Humble Store is giving away Metro 2033 for free for its birthday.

Only lasts 4 more hours though.

French game Little Big Adventure is temporarily free to download at GOG.com until tomorrow at 7:59am GMT.

Heh. That's probably the first game I bought on GOG. Man, I love that game.

Huh. Besides the promotion on the Humble Store, the actual Humble Bundle site is also giving out a free game, for Halloween, namely "Teleglitch: Die More Edition"

[edit]

It seems to be equivalent to "buying" the Humble Bundle 13 for $0.

I am having technical problem getting to that free Teleglitch game in the Humble Bundle store. It says to "Please authenticate with reCAPTCHA to proceed. This helps cut down on costly abuse." However, I got no email instantly getting to that.

Edited by zocom7

The recaptcha for me was simply clicking a button that said "I am not a robot" or something... no problems whatsoever.

Well, it doesn't matter now that promotion is over for that game. I found out it's an old DOS game.

Another game at GOG.com was also missed for me (since I was busy painting the house yesterday) was the limited 48-hour freebie of the first Mount & Blade game. Anyone ever played it?

Yes, I run the Mount and Blade Wiki.

Heh. Never played it, but I got it with the free promotion. Seems I forgot to post about it here.