PurpleGaga27

Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

ooh, cool game, that :D

I am getting tired of EA releasing (somewhat called) abandonware games On The House. :mellow: :mellow: Still wishing for a sports game to be "on the house" one day. :pray:

Syndicate from EA's Bullfrog is now On The House: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/syndicate-plus-origin/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

You have absurdly high expectations for On the House. Despite the impression they give, On the House games are NOT being given away just because EA is that generous and really wants you to have free games.

Was that in a press release statement Nmenth?

What, that they are generous, or that they aren't?

The description on Origin for On the House claims the purpose of the free games is because they want you to have a great gaming experience, and are supposed to show what Origin is all about (so apparently they're saying what Origin is all about is free games). It used to also say that they were gamers too and other such drivel, though it seems they dropped that part.

If you believe their intentions are pure and legitimate, you are easily manipulated.

You have absurdly high expectations for On the House. Despite the impression they give, On the House games are NOT being given away just because EA is that generous and really wants you to have free games.

They did give away Battlefield 3 and Dragon Age: Origins. No DLC, but they do want people to have free games so they can try without actually buying, which is a good thing. They may not have pure intentions, but who gives a ****? It's a free game and sometimes they give you really good ones. I've gotten all kinds of games from On The House, and it is a very good thing. Even if we all know it's just a facade for an upsell. In short, given the choice between free games that I own forever and no free games at all, I take the free games.

I don't disagree, I was not saying what they are doing is a bad thing, I was pointing out that zocom7 expecting them to put up specific games that aren't going to further their true agenda is unrealistic.

Well, it's blatantly obvious that their final goal is still to attract people to their platform so they'd buy games there, too. I mean, they're still a company. Their purpose is making money.

Not here in euroland either. :(

Around the time CNCNZ was moved to the new server, Battle Realms (and its expansion pack) was a free download at GOG.com for 48 hours that was originally priced at $9.99 USD. Also GOG.com is still giving away the entire "Witcher 3" DLCs for free, but you need to own the original game there before you can earn them.

I think those DLCs are permanently free.

As another update....

Last week XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Saints Row 3 and 4 were temporaily free to download via Steam over the weekend and I missed them all. But no matter though.....

RA2 and Yuri's Revenge are now free On The House: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/c-c-the-ultimate-collection/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Also Amnesia The Dark Descent is free to download on Steam for 24 hours: http://www.pcgamer.com/amnesia-the-dark-descent-is-free-on-steam-today/

Edited by zocom7

Makes me want to get the new version actually. :)

Meh. I am getting tired of another DOS game that isn't free and I didn't get it anyway. :(