PurpleGaga27

Free giveaway on promotional game(s) -- post them here

1 hour ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

Why can't GOG.com just give it away from their site for 48 hours since CD Projekt created the game anyway? Saint's Row 2 was the largest game giveaway GOG.com has ever done. Why get a code from Ars just to redeem the game via GOG?

Since it's a partnership. It's simple. Revenue. If they dangle free carrots in front of potential consumers Ars gets ad revenue and unique hits, GoG potentially gets more account sign-ups and it encourages people to potentially buy more whilst they are on the Storefront. Ars likely gets a cut from sales of other games out of this promotion as well.

There's more to it than that. But the practice has worked on me with Game Giveaways, especially on Steam. Obscure developer gives away free game, I download free game, I play it, I enjoy it, find more products from said developer... Fell for the trap again, I've just purchased their back catalogue / franchise bundle / similar suggested games.

This happens multiple times. I jumped from 500 to 600 games in my Steam Library in less than 6 months. My Wallet is empty, I now cannot afford PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds because I wasted all my money on other stuff I didn't really want but still enjoyed anyway. FML. (True Story)

Well right now, Ars is using your emails just to give the code(s) instead of logging in (a much better method).... and I finally got it in my GOG account. Gee, that was a large 8.7 GB compressed download in 7 split files.

They really should just make the original Mount&Blade permanently free, since Mount&Blade: Warband is a remake for it.

GOG is frequently giving away more DRM-free games for free recently.

14 minutes ago, Nmenth said:

They really should just make the original Mount&Blade permanently free, since Mount&Blade: Warband is a remake for it.

You either die a Nmenth, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Zocom ;)

This is done as promo for a Mount & Blade: Warband (!) tournament in Bucharest: https://www.gog.com/news/mount_blade_giveaway_series_sale_vote_for_best_skills

I've had the original Mout&Blade before Warband existed, and I am the bureaucrat of the Mount&Blade wiki where I personally added more than half of the content and made over 30% of the total edits. I don't say it should be free because I am greedy, I say it because I know what I am talking about.

Although Warband is often referred to as a sequel or stand alone expansion, it is in fact just a remake on an improved engine. There is zero reason to play the original if you have access to Warband; the storyline is the exact same, but with fewer and worse mechanics.

The Mount&Blade games do come with trial versions which allow you to play up to a certain character level before blocking further progress without entering a serial key, but that level is quite low. The original Mount&Blade could serve as a proper demo version where you can play indefinitely to experience what the game is really about. And if you like it, buy Warband.

Warband adds an entire new faction, a lot of gameplay mechanics, better combat control, and multiplayer. The original game is currently just a demo you have to pay for (unless you manage to grab it during a promotional event).

1 hour ago, Nmenth said:

I've had the original Mout&Blade before Warband existed, and I am the bureaucrat of the Mount&Blade wiki where I personally added more than half of the content and made over 30% of the total edits. I don't say it should be free because I am greedy, I say it because I know what I am talking about.

I hope you realize I was just messing with ya?

Anyway, I've had it since the last time GOG gave it away but was never arsed to try it out. Guess I might as well.

1 hour ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

I hope you realize I was just messing with ya?

Yes I do, but you were comparing me to him. That's an unnecessary insult.

Fantasy General is free for the next 42 hours on GOG.com: https://www.gog.com/

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault is back in Origin's On The House. Dead in Bermuda only lasted a month to some regions.

I have some origin keys left. PM me if you want one:

Sim City 2000 Special Edition (4 keys)
Battlefield 3 Limited
Dead Space
Dragon Age Origins
Zumas Revenge

This guy also gives away some free keys for origin and steam although most keys are gone already.

Edited by Mjjstral

Flight Unlimited 2K16 is free on the MS Store for the next 2 weeks.

Meh. That game only works on Win10 and I'll bet it can only be bought/downloadable via the problematic Windows Store App even if it's bought in the website. :mellow:

25 minutes ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

and I'll bet it can only be bought/downloadable via the problematic Windows Store App even if it's bought in the website. :mellow:

I gave the link to the MS Store, genius, and that's what it works with.

As for the "developers", not a good reputation: