Sign in to follow this  
Phúc Entetainment

AI build more construction yards?

Hey all ! Every time i play red alert 2 with AI. I just need to destroy they construction yard - and boom- the battle is over ! Im sure im 100% win. And i dont like that. That too easy.

So.. i want AI build more construction yard . So it will make the game more difficult !

Guest Rabbit

Not the best idea. When the AI have more construction yard, their build speed for everything doubles. The AI logic is coded differently, so they can build a different structure with each one all at once. Their base will expand extremely rapidly, and everything they do will hit you faster and harder.

Not exactly fair play.

Actually, it's not that good of an idea. The AI doesn't just get to build twice as many buildings, it has to. This can force them to overflow their area too quickly and on most maps which lack sufficient room, they will run out of space before they can reach the highest tech. This puts them at a disadvantage as they have so many unnecessary buildings, they can't build things like superweapons (if they're turned on), or possibly even battle labs.

Regardless, the way to make them build another Construction Yard is to make an AI trigger. If I remember correctly, you could write the trigger to only run if they do not have a Construction Yard. I believe this trigger already exists though, but may only work on the hardest difficulty and might not have a very high priority.

It's easier to make the AI replace a lost construction yard with an AI script. That way, you don't run into the issues with the AI doubling its output and running out of room to build. Just build a script that has a task force consisting of one MCV then fire the script when the AI has less than 1 construction yard. Then stick it with a high priority so it tries to do that as fast as it can when it loses its con yard.

Guest Rabbit

This puts them at a disadvantage as they have so many unnecessary buildings, they can't build things like superweapons (if they're turned on), or possibly even battle labs.

Hell, on top of that, they double up on superweapons and battle labs. If the timer is counting down and you destroy one superweapon, they can easily rebuild it before you destroy the second one, and the timer is never reset.

Thank, Doctor Destiny ! Ok, i need them to rebuild when they lost Construction Yard, not build twice !

Is that ok now ? Show me how to do it (Show me the codes....)

Out of curiosity, do you have any experience in modding?

Thank, Doctor Destiny ! Ok, i need them to rebuild when they lost Construction Yard, not build twice !

Is that ok now ? Show me how to do it (Show me the codes....)

It doesn't take much. I don't hand out code so try it first. I gave you all the information you need anyway.

If you know how to edit aimd.ini then you should be able to find MCVs already exist there. I know the AI occasionally replaces their conyards, I've seen them do it without editing aimd.ini at all, the problem you have is making them do it more consistently.

I won't tell you how as I haven't modded for awhile and might give you bad instructions. It shouldn't be that hard though... tweak some numbers, and if you crash the game, undo them and change around some different ones instead.

Guest Rabbit

Open aimd.ini.

Search "Priority=50"

Any time you see that listed under either Allied, Soviet, or Yuri MCV, change it to "Priority=100"

It should happen exactly three times, once for each MCV.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, my assumption is that if it already has the highest priority, giving it a higher number won't help much.

You'd need to set the trigger weighting up higher rather than team type priority. That doesn't have much affect in RA2. At least, I've not seen it force any teams to have higher precedence but it might and I didn't notice.