Sign in to follow this  
KevinLancaster

Malwarebytes False Positive on XCC Mixer

Malwarebytes is detecting XCC Mixer as a "Trojan.Agent". I want to make sure that this is a false positive that everyone else is getting and not that I somehow got an infected version of it.

Yeah, I've just checked and can confirm your finding. The XCC Mixer .exe file is listed as a threat, probably due to it's nature, with it being a tool for digging around files and all. I've never had any problems with my version, so it should be safe. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edited by AZ-Stalker

That's strange. Last time I checked with an older version of this program, it did not detect XCC Mixer as a Trojan virus.

Now why do I recall that this happened earlier...

For the time being, just tell it not to do anything to XCC Mixer.

Isn't it something related to the FOLDER where you install XCC? I mean, have you changed the STD place or not?

Also, in the last 12 months, MALWAREBYTES has upgraded, maybe they have done something new: the previous versions used to not see anything and now they are seeing?

No Chimas, I installed it in the regular location. Malwarebytes is specifically detecting XCC Mixer.exe as a trojan and not any of the other files. It also detects the XCC Utilities installer as a trojan probably because it contains it.

I just updated my MBAM virus database and went to scan the XCC Utilities folder myself, as well as installers of v1.46 and v1.47.

According to Malwarebytes':

v1.47 folder - clean

v1.47 installer - clean

v1.46 installer - "infected" :rolleyes:

Also, Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't budge one bit.

Try updating XCC Utilities to 1.47.

I run across this once and again with things like Ares and NonsensePatch, but not XCC. I use 1.21 primarily and it doesn't get flagged. Just whitelist the EXE and you should be fine.

I just updated my MBAM virus database and went to scan the XCC Utilities folder myself, as well as installers of v1.46 and v1.47.

According to Malwarebytes':

v1.47 folder - clean

v1.47 installer - clean

v1.46 installer - "infected" :rolleyes:

Also, Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't budge one bit.

Try updating XCC Utilities to 1.47.

When did they release the update? I haven't kept up.