Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

The Ultimate Free-to-Play PC Games List

Still, having the base game made freeware and the expansions left to be paid for isn't the brightest idea ever :P

They did the same with C&C1 and RA1, remember? The community simply collectively decided to ignore that fact :P

(well, or maybe it was just me... after all I was the one who included the Covert Ops in my patch, and uploaded the RA expansion ISOs :P)

Yeah, but BF1942 is freeware only on Origin, so that complicates things.

This is sad for BF1942:

Please note: The online multiplayer tech for Battlefield 1942 on PC has been provided by GameSpy, who will be deactivating this service in June 2014. Because multiplayer is a major part of the game’s experience, we have decided to no longer sell Battlefield 1942 in its current form. For more details, please read EA’s online service updates page.

Looks like Battlefield 1942 is now heading into the archives and will no longer be a free download. :(

I guess I will be taking down that title from the F2P list unless an alternative free download is present.

I am also in doubt to add in Starcraft II Starter Edition as well as Diablo III Starter Edition. If they include half of the content that are free-to-play including mod support, I will include them in.

Yay, I always wanted to play SimCity 2000.

But Luk3us, you posted that in the wrong thread, it's the promotional free games thread.

MS-DOS Software Library from the Internet Archive.

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games/v2

Fully playable classic DOS games. Plays via DOS-BOX in your browser.

So some of the abandonware DOS games (even the ones from old consoles) wind up official in the Internet archive. That's a useful and great find, Sonic.

Theme hospital and Theme Park by Bullfrog two of the best games of all time. :D

Added several new free games into the list including YugiOh Pro.

Bio Menace is now free to own and download at GOG.com. Coming soon to the GOG free list are Servo and Sorcerer King.

I added Blizzard's free classic games to the list: Blackthrone, The Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing.
You can download them here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/download

Also Dragonsphere in GOG.com is no longer free to download and is replaced by Bio Menace as the new free game.

Edited by zocom7

Also Dragonsphere in GOG.com is no longer free to download and is replaced by Bio Menace as the new free game.

There has been some misunderstanding with Bio Menace, because GOG.com published it exactly 10 years after Apogee released this game as freeware. Some people thought that Bio Menace had not been available as freeware before the GOG.com release.

Added Crown and Council to the list of free games: http://store.steampowered.com/app/444250

As of now, Steam only has 21 free-to-play games that are can be played as single-player. It appears the list of "free games" must be in a hidden section, unlike what GOG.com lists as games that cost $0.