Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

TD VS RA

TD VS RA  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• Red Alert Rocks!
    • Tiberian Dawn or The Orignal Command and Conquer ROCKS!
    • They're both good. (I have no opinion.)

LONG LIVE TIBERIUM DAWN AND RED ALERT!

I agree with this Cus i couldn t make my mind up!!! :D

Something about a waterborne strain of Tiberium that attacked ships if I remember right.

Yeah... it's Tiberian algae or something like that that clogs up all major waterways. Tiberium beds on the bottom of the ocean connect to the algae blooms by long strands. I forget where I read that, but it was official, and I'll look it up. I think it was in one of the TS game manuals.

In the end you all know its just a cheap excuse for them not havin any ships in the game....

I have to say Tiberian Dawn is way better than any other C&C game alive! 8)

1. Its Classic and you can't beat the classics!

2. So what no naval units? It still rocks!

3. The storyline is completely awesome! It's very unique, I love it!

4. I have been playing it since I was in 4th grade, now I'm in 10th!

5. You can make your own little mods in it and tweak it a bit!

6. You can make your own graphics and use them in game!

7. It's the most realistic game

8. I have to say Tiberian Sun came VERY close in my book, but TD won by an inch!

RA 1 was cool (at first, this is what I played but it got old...quickly) :cry:

BUT I DO REALY WISH IT HAD A SKIRMISH MODE! :D

7. It's the most realistic game

I wouldn't say its that realistic.

Well...

RA1= has tesla

RA2= just about everything is fake!

YURI= Whole game is interesting but i like reality

generals=well... i just plain hate it!

as in TD= all you have is the chem warrior, thats the only thing that aint realistic. nuff said! :lol:

I was raised on CnC. I like the Tiberian storyline better, but I like the better graphics in RA and the more units and structures. However scrolling down the build taskbar gets annoying, specially when you have both sides in TS

BUT I DO REALY WISH IT HAD A SKIRMISH MODE! :D

Which one? RA1 or TD? RA1 has skirmish mode, TD doesn't.

I vote for both, they are all good.

The chem warrior in TD was more realistic then the obelisk and the stealth tank.

I think he ment TD. The flamethrower in TD was better too, but I still love them both

with expansion packs, of course

not that the originals werent good with out the expansions, but I like them all

Shouldnt there be a way to program the RA1 skirmish data into TD? It couldnt be that hard.

Also, anyone know where solesurvivor is to be found, and is it still active?

You do not want to play Sole Survivor. It is the worst game in all creation. Trust me. ;)

Not that I trust you, but I'll take your word for it. But it is the closest thing TD has to a skirmish mode.

BTW any of you guys heard about Free CNC? Suppose to be a reamake of the original cnc and ra? I wonder if they'll have a skirmish mode for TD! :D

I've heard. Well, they could try. From what I've heard, Sole Survivor only had name.

How 'bout a link to this Free CnC stuff. I havent heard of it.

Since C&C is so old its labelled as abandonware. And as such can be found at abandonware sites.. And on the odd occasion on Computer Magazine cover cds.

Since its so old, and it has soooo many fans, I wonder how much $$$ a large company (EA) could make off of a renewed C&C, redone in better graphics, with new online features, and tweaking of the gameplay, while keeping the story, missions, and cutscenes all the same.

I know I'd buy it, just dont know if enough people would buy in to make it profitable. :(

Yeah... it would be awesome if they pulled a Half Life Source with C&C. The TC mods have been awesome, but really fall short of capturing the original game.

And the original music. Hellmarch is awesome, but Instinct from C&C is just like living it all over again.

RA PWNS!! best soundtrack, good storyline, love the realmovies and gameplay while easy, was a lot of fun!

ps i just tipped the polls baby! sukars, a noob member just decided your polls =D =D =D 8)

Red Alert is much better that the orignal. More atmosphere. C&C was kinda crappy in comparsion.

Red Alert was quite good. Though I liked the TD storyline better. Only because RA2 storyline sucked, and TS storyline was good.