Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Lego Works in Progress

Guest Garble

I figured I'd create a thread where I can post some of the progress I'm making on LEGO designs, considering I'm still making stuff in my free time and I'm not sure if I'm completely done with C&C related lego stuff as a whole. I might some day return to making full animations, but in the mean time, here's a thread dedicated to some of the miscellaneous materials I come up with.

To start things off, here's some soldiers firing from a mortar tube.

Qa8PoSi.jpg

That pic should fit just right for C&C Generals Legos. :P

Say, I thought you retired doing C&C Legos for good.

Guest Rabbit

That's the thing. I'm not sure if it's ever going to turn into C&C stuff. It's just random experiments with image editing and new scenery. I want to make more videos, I just don't know what I want them to be about, and I don't want them to be limited to C&C or forced into a schedule.

Guest Rabbit

Day 2 brings new rewards.

Say goodbye to old clay muzzle flashes, and say hello to... well... actual muzzle flashes.

This stuff actually looks good, keep it up!

Ordinary muzzle flashes are easy, now lets see you do a railgun. :P

Guest Rabbit

I'm really tempted to try this, just to spite your comment. Problem is, aside from the tiny animations in Tiberian Sun and Tiberium Wars, I don't really know what a railgun is supposed to look like.

Well, a real railgun looks more like a flamethrower, but nobody animates them that way.

Have you seen Eraser with Arnold Schwarzenegger?

I suspect that film is where they designed Tib Sun's railguns from.

I suspect that film is where they designed Tib Sun's railguns from.

In that particular cutscene, the railgun appears like some sort of photon cannon and doesn't leave the Eraserish trail :P

I am aware of that, and it is quite possible they weren't inspired by the film. However, I think Eraser kind of set the standard of how fictional railguns look. As far as I know, nobody had done railguns like that before Eraser, though I could be wrong. The projectiles vary in appearance a bit in that TS cutscene too, depending on the angle.

The blue smoke, sound effects, and design in general are still very similar. Especially when considering the in-game animation in addition to the cutscene. This is why it has always been my belief that Eraser inspired TS's railguns.

The ingame railgun certainly looks like the Eraser one.

Guest Rabbit

Well, speaking of Arnold Schwarzenegger, here's another LEGO series I'm working on. This is a quick mockup, I feel I might be using laser / railgun effects sooner rather than later.

DGVhMb8.jpg

Are you making a Terminator episode? xD

Guest Rabbit

Another thing I just finished putting together.

I have new AK-based weapons along with RPG-7s, and I purchased some ninja masks. I also bought a couple bucks worth of broadcloth and built the robes these guys are wearing. I basically took the idea from this website, but I didn't feel like spending $40 bucks per minifig. All in all, this probably cost me a total of 20 bucks for these six guys. Total.

DSUDYz3.jpg

Guest Rabbit

Like I've said a few times before, no. I will never create a Generals season.

The only reason I would create one is if I wanted to make a generic warfare Lego series, which I've considered doing for a while. The only way this would make it to C&C Legos would be if I wanted to slap that name on it to gather more attention, which frankly, would be ironic considering that's how Generals made it's way into the C&C series.

That might be perfect for the other Lego series, Blue Team Go. :)

Guest Rabbit

Blue Team Go is an example of me trying to start a project when I already have too many projects going. I have a script for the next episode, but I've yet to find time to actually create it.