Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Updated Site Favicons

There are new favicons for the site, and of course the forums. Its just minor edit really. Darkened the background colours, trying to avoid a washed out look as it shrinks, making the "C" stand out a bit more. There is only so much you can display in 16x16 icon. The actual icon is 32x32, but shrinks to 16x16 in your browser. This is what looks like...

favicon.png

There is support for mobile users now as well. With various support for older devices. iPhone 5/5c/iPad will use the large 152x152 image.

apple-touch-icon-152x152.pngapple-touch-icon-120x120.pngapple-touch-icon.png

So if you add CNCNZ.com to your Smartphone's home screen and/or bookmarks you should get something like this (tested with an iPhone 5 on iOS7, not sure how if it works on Android phones.)....

In0smGh.png

It make take awhile before your web browser caches the new icons.

I noticed the new icon when I loaded up today. Since it is shrinking to 16 x 16 - would you consider cheating and making the 'c' just one colour (the bottom bright gold) since the darker gold at the top kinda gets lost in the darkness...

Guest Rabbit

That's actually a very good point and a good idea for a fix. I guess I noticed something felt odd about the favicon but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I noticed the new icon when I loaded up today. Since it is shrinking to 16 x 16 - would you consider cheating and making the 'c' just one colour (the bottom bright gold) since the darker gold at the top kinda gets lost in the darkness...

Perhaps. But pissing around with 16x16 icon is not considered a top priority. I think the current one looks fine. I do see what your talking about though.