Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer Board Game

Now here's something different, its a Command & Conquer Board Game. Created by Mathias Detzner, this fan made board game takes the battles from your computer screen to the table. The game itself will not be made available for retail sale. What we don't know is, will the game be made available to others in some form? Watch this video below to learn more.

Command & Conquer Board Game is on Facebook, where you will also find a few more pictures of the how the game is set up.

No dice needed? Huh. Wonder how they pull that off.

(my apologies if they mention it in the video; I'm at work, so no sound :P )

If I'd do a board game, I'd take advantage of the maps created with XCC and CCmap and would create a "route & spot" system that could work on those maps.

'no dice was needed'

obviously they *really* follow the ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS battle method.

rock-paper-scissors1.gif

Guest Stevie_K

@Nyerguds. It IS possible to have board games without dice you know. :P

It is difficult to make board games interesting and complex enough without having too complex rules for the players to uphold. Not impossible, but difficult.

Although I like the idea of a Command & Conquer board game, I think this one appears to try and be the computer game, which is unfortunate, since that would imply a ton of work for the players to achieve a margin of the entertainment that the digital C&C games deliver.

Unless it can present some innovative, interesting gameplay mechanic and plays in a convenient way I'm going to pass. Sadly this wasn't the impression I got from the trailer. :(

@Nyerguds - that actually looks like a sensible progression unlike this one...

rockpaperscissors.jpg

But my favourite use of RPS has to always be the FARSCAPE clone scene

"Rock Scissors Paper Lizard Spock" is from The Big Bang theory :P

Cant wait for all the Microtransactions for this Board Game

...what? You do realize it's like, an actual board game, right? Cardboard stuff on a table. Not an app.

Please don't resurrect very old threads.