Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Irrational Games is shutting down

The game studio who created the Bioshock franchise is shutting down to focus on another endeavor:

http://kotaku.com/bioshock-studio-irrational-games-is-winding-down-all-1525186316

Quite peculiar why the guys behind this are throwing in the towel to the expensive and popular Bioshock series. Bioshock was one of the best rated PC games of all time alongside Half-Life 1 and 2. But the question is, is the Bioshock series dead after the last Bioshock Infinite DLC? No one knows yet and Take-Two has yet to comment about this.

Something tells me single-player PC gaming is really dying and the usage of more games to be released digitally (instead of retail) is more common than ever.

Edited by zocom7

I could never get into the Bioshock games. I recall buying the first on the Xbox 360, played through some of it, so boring... just never really liked it. Sold it. Have shown no interested in the franchise since then. But something feels odd about this story. The studio is closing because they were doing to well?

Something tells me single-player PC gaming is really dying and the usage of more games to be released digitally (instead of retail) is more common than ever.

If its not dead, its on life support. The piracy issue is why PC game sales have declined steadily in recent years.