Sign in to follow this  
BigBad

Supersonic Unless Attacking

Hey all. I'm new to CNCNZ (and to real modding in general, mostly). I've done a bunch of modding Yuri's Revenge through Final Alert and I've done similar editing in Zero Hour with the XCC mixer and .INI files. but not really much more than that.

In the mod that I'm ((very) slowly) making, I want to correct something that has always bothered me about the Aurora. It never made sense that the plane would slow down when it gets lighter. What I want to do is make the plane fly away at the supersonic speed where you can't shoot it. However, I don't want the plane to be invincible. I want it to be supersonic while it is flying to the target and returning, but briefly subsonic while it is attacking. (I justify it as the drag increasing when the bomb bay doors open so the plane necessarily slows down.)

I see in the .INI file how to make the Aurora fly back at supersonic speeds, but not how to make it slow down a bit during the attack. I think this should be possible and perhaps not even hard, since the F-117 loses its stealth when it is attacking. Any ideas for how to have the Aurora supersonic unless it is attacking?

I'll have some balance issues to work out, I know. I think that I might make a completely new plane (yep, I'll need your help when I get there) that has the supersonic invulnerability except when it is attacking, but it is quite weak when it can be shot at.

Thanks much!