ETPC

Editing vanilla unit stats?

My journey through the C&C games continues! After conquering Generals and Zero Hour, I've moved on to C&C3 and KW.

I was having a total blast up until the mission in Croatia in the GDI campaign. I want to make a few changes to some units to make them just a littttttttle bit stronger now so I can resume my game. However, I tried reading the SDK FAQ on the PPM fourms and came away more confused then informed.

I downloaded the SDK, TibEd2 and OS Big Editor and don't really know what to do next. I just want to edit hitpoints and cost for units. I see mention of XML files but I can't find them at all.

Anyone have a complete idiot's guide to this?

Thank you in advance!

<3

Is there a way to downgrade from 1.09 to a lesser version so I can finish these campaigns without tearing my hair out?

I'm using C&C3 with TUC on Origin. I have the TUC fixed launchers installed.

Sorry for doubleposting.

Yeah, the C&C3 campaign is unplayable with the patches they added for multiplayer... which is made even more retarded by the fact they promised in advance to split the patching of the two -_-

I don't find TW challanging with 1.9 ^^

But to the point of them splitting the patching between the two: well it's basically true and false, some balancing is in the maps, but most is not. They simply would have had to include all units which can be present in a specific map, which they forgot to do. Yet some units, usually the ones specifically tweaked for the mission, aren't affected by the mp patches.

It's not the units. The thing that mostly messes up the campaign is the build radius nerfs.

Because no one at EA could've predicted base crawling wars when they give early cheap access to multiple building build queues -_-

So, horrific bump here. I tried the runver command on the origin version and it spits out an error message that is "Could not find game version 1.7."

Any ideas? Also, would 1.7 be the best version for the campaign, particularly the sarajevo GDI mission?

Maybe it's "1.07"?

Download and apply patch 1.07.

If your version came pre-patched to 1.09, there are previous patches that might never have been applied.

For example I went from version 1.0 of Kane's Wrath straight to patch 1.2. When I wanted to watch a 1.1 replay, I had to download the 1.1 patch, because the 1.2 patch did not come with patch 1.1.

Edited by Madin

Will that work with the copy that came in TUC?

I honestly do not know.

Installed it, the patch crashed with a patch error.

Should I just get a retail copy and patch that?

Ugh. TUC is such useless junk...

You might want to look for the TUC launchers released on the official forums. They probably fix that.

IT REALLY IS. It's seriously stopped me from doing stuff I want to do constantly.

I already have the fixed launchers installed, but no go still.

I have no idea... maybe the guys on the official boards know more? I haven't been there for a while (stupid thing doesn't keep me logged in), but we've built up a decent tech support knowledge base there. It's just, my area of expertise is mostly C&C1, so, I can't really help you with this :-\

When you say official boards, do you mean like the EA boards? I wasen't even aware there still is a C&C3 board.

I'm honestly shocked. I thought EA would have killed it like it kills any old thing that isn't making money RIGHT NOW. I'll try there!

Command line parameters aren't that hard. You just make a shortcut to the game's exe file, open the shortcut's properties, and find to the text field with the full path of the exe file (in the "shortcut" tab I think). It's normally indicated with the label "target".

Put your cursor in that text field, go to the end of the line, and add a space and then your parameters behind it. You have to make sure that, if the original path in there is surrounded by quotes, you do NOT put it inside those quotes, but behind it.

Basic syntax for the mod launching is

-modConfig "full path to the .skudef file of the mod"

So, I did that but shortcuts with the command line don't launch at all and when I use the launch options dialogue in Origin, the mod dosen't work.

Should I just get a retail DVD? TUC has stopped me at every step of the way so far.

Edited by ETPC