Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

2014 FIFA World Cup

Spain was very weak, so it was easy for Netherlands. France got similar very good result in match with Switzerland. Maybe the final: France-Netherlands

I watched two games today and it looks like the Latinos are winning their own games. Croatia is in danger of losing to Mexico.... and Brazil is winning.

Edited by zocom7

That was catastrophic. Kovač did all he could, but the players were slow morons.

E: Scratch Kovač. Looking back, the formation and player positioning was tragic. Pranjić in the wing? The ever-useless Rakitić not in his usual position? Wut.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Spain was very weak, so it was easy for Netherlands. France got similar very good result in match with Switzerland. Maybe the final: France-Netherlands

There's no way the Netherlands is making it to the finals.

I just found out both Germany and the US made it to the Round of 16. Despite a US loss and Portugal win, US still somehow got the better statistic. Hmmm....

Also Belgium managed to win 3 matches, making them pool winner.

I wish Belgium would drop out already, so all the madness would end around here :P

Madness? You have no idea what madness is, unless you live near a Fifa Fan Fest in Rio de Janeiro. That is real madness, but not Sparta!

What a great team Argelia/Algeria got. Very impressive.

I don't get the critics, the Germans played well and the Algerians were in the same level.

Except the first goal, the Algerians knew all the time what they were doing. A fine match you won't find often: no violence, just a noble game!

Great Game!

Nyerguds could still be happy because his country of Belgium eliminated USA out of the Round of 16 and they are moving on to the round of 8. B) What a stunning 30 minutes of overtime in that game however. USA kinda sucked in that game.... and noticing their poor coordination of gameplay there.

Nyerguds could still be happy because his country of Belgium eliminated USA out of the Round of 16 and they are moving on to the round of 8. B) What a stunning 30 minutes of overtime in that game however. USA kinda sucked in that game.... and noticing their poor coordination of gameplay there.

USA didn't suck mate, they had their chances... Belgium definitely was the stronger team, though.

Nyerguds could still be happy because his country of Belgium eliminated USA out of the Round of 16

Happy? What part of "I want them kicked out so the idiocy in my country stops" didn't you get? :P
  • Upvote 1

Happy? What part of "I want them kicked out so the idiocy in my country stops" didn't you get? :P

Go Red Devils :P

Idiocy in our countries won't stop because of the World Cup. It will just be replaced by others. In my country we'll have the 2014 elections (whose idiocy levels reached new records already), Campeonato Brasileiro 2014 (the main soccer club championship in Brazil), new year's celebration, carnival, as well as all those soup operas on TV, and the list won't stop...

Idiocy in our countries won't stop because of the World Cup. It will just be replaced by others. In my country we'll have the 2014 elections (whose idiocy levels reached new records already), Campeonato Brasileiro 2014 (the main soccer club championship in Brazil), new year's celebration, carnival, as well as all those soup operas on TV, and the list won't stop...

You must be a party to hang out with.

The final four is looking pretty good -- Brazil vs Germany and Argentina vs Netherlands. According to a ESPN poll, the people think that Germany will win against Brazil in the semifinals (and even the World Cup :o) despite 3 injured players for the Brazilian team. Only luck, performance and statistics would determine the winner.

Edited by zocom7

The final four is looking pretty good -- Brazil vs Germany and Argentina vs Netherlands. According to a ESPN poll, the people think that Germany will win against Brazil in the semifinals (and even the World Cup :o) despite 3 injured players for the Brazilian team. Only luck, performance and statistics would determine the winner.

What.

It will be a complicated match, certainly. I think Brazil has chances, although Germany has a tremendous team.

Anyway, I think that, rom the brazilian team, only Neymar Jr is injured. Thiago Silva is suspended only for this game against Germany, but he is not injured. The other ones who had problems managed to recover.

Well, what can I say?

This is the result of a postponed crisis. If you do it for so long and lacks the timing, it will materialize in its hardest way.

For me the real result was 12 x 0: Germany stopped playing to prevent an even huge humiliation, the last 2 goals was a mistake and luck, all the rest was strategy and preparation.

We have now a spoiled generation here and when things go wrong they don't know how to cut losses. They want the referree to finish the game, when there's still 60 minutes ahead, just like that. I don't blame the players, I blame the system that is used for something else and we don't have to discuss it here.

Talking about Germany, it's a great team, I've watched them playing here and they play very well, have all the merits and did what they've planned at any moment.

I think also that they have some beauty in their game play, different of other previous german teams and I really didn't understand some critics being said for this team before.

I expect to see Holland x Germany in the finals but I don't know which one will win, despite the additional resources Germany has (the Dutch defense is weak).

It's a pitty we didn't have a real match today.

Valeu Brasil!

Well, there's a historic loss for ya.

Having watched that game, that was a total humiliation for Brazil, and Germany got a couple easy goals. Germany stunned Brazil 7-1.... one of the most embarrassing games in FIFA World Cup history.

Now Germany is most likely to win it all this Sunday. Unbelievable and unpredictable.

Edited by zocom7

I wouldn't count out the Netherlands and Argentina just yet.