I'm putting together a new feature for CNCNZ.com and it requires some input from you, the long time Command & Conquer fan. What you need to do is share with us your favourite, most memorable or simply the most awesome moment from any of the Command & Conquer games. The moment that makes you simile, laugh or think "now that was bad ass!". For example, it could be a scene stealing moment such as when Kane makes his announced appearance during the Soviet campaign in the original Red Alert. For me, it was such an unexpected moment, Kane barely says a word, but his presence was so powerful.

XU2YLI4.jpg

So what's your favourite Command & Conquer moment? Or moments. Share them with us in this topic. It will also help if you include a screenshot and describe why you like the moment so much.

However overused the scene was in fan-made videos later on, the scene of Hassan's execution and Kane's return in Tiberian Sun was just awesome.

E: Added pic.

fcuGKK0.png

Edited by Plokite_Wolf
  • Upvote 1

The moment when Kane kills Seth

I knew it wouldn't take long for that scene to be mentioned. Interestingly, although the original Command & Conquer was the first installment of the series I played, I think it was 1999 when I got it. I thought it was good enough after only a few missions that I acquired RA1 packaged with Aftermath, which I naturally had to play right away. It wasn't much later when Tiberian Sun came out and I had to get that. As a result, it was quite some time before I ever went back and saw that scene, and by then it didn't have the impact it could have had if I had seen it earlier.

As for me, I think the most memorable scene was the Yuri's Revenge opening, specifically the harrier attack on Alcatraz and gatling cannons shooting them to pieces. I watched that intro many times just for that.

AlcatrazAttack.png

• Upvote 2

Memorable scenes I witnessed:

1) The beginning events of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge

2) When McNeil killed Kane and rescued Umagon at the end of Tiberian Sun

3) When Yuri went in a time machine that the Soviets had him as bait, and he was sent back in time only to be eaten by a dinosaur! :P

As for me, I think the most memorable scene was the Yuri's Revenge opening, specifically the harrier attack on Alcatraz and gatling cannons shooting them to pieces. I watched that intro many times just for that.

Likewise. I think I know RA2 and YR intros by heart by now :P

Guest Stevie_K

One of the most memorable moments for me was the introduction to Cabal in the first Nod cutscene in Tiberian Sun.

*Crew sits down in cockpit and turns to the computer*

- Cabal, sitiation?

> A division of Hassan's lead guards are closing in on our position. The probability of a favorable outcome can be increased if we can return to your main base and engage the enemy as we move.

- Define favorable outcome Cabal.

> They all die.

- That'll do. Let's go.

I remember thinking "That's a scary computer." ^_^

DvHgu26.png

Video link:

Edited by Stevie_K

Remember guys, pics are need with your post. Heaps of the C&C cut scenes can be found on YouTube these days so it shouldn't be to hard to find one.

The image I posted most accurately depicts what I liked about the scene, but it isn't particularly picturesque. If you want a nicer one, there are other moments that might look a little better, like one of these:

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060817105821/cnc/images/8/88/Harrier_Strike_Alcatraz.jpg

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100411185403/cnc/images/9/96/Yuri%27s_Revenge_GattlingGun.jpg

I knew it wouldn't take long for that scene to be mentioned. Interestingly, although the original Command & Conquer was the first installment of the series I played, I think it was 1999 when I got it. I thought it was good enough after only a few missions that I acquired RA1 packaged with Aftermath, which I naturally had to play right away. It wasn't much later when Tiberian Sun came out and I had to get that. As a result, it was quite some time before I ever went back and saw that scene, and by then it didn't have the impact it could have had if I had seen it earlier.

AlcatrazAttack.png

Ditto, bro. This scene has been etched deeply into my memory. That one harrier crashing into the power plant, everything just falls into place :D

Edited by Inferno

"It's time you saw the future..."

2hp3sxh.jpg

znsapy.jpg

And many, many more, I remember when playing this great game, TIberian Sun, at my friends home many years ago, such nostalgia...we laughs when we saw that Kane is pumping tiberium infusions to every person he met... :D Great old times...

Sure it was already mentioned, but eh :D

sethdie.gif

Also, I found it hilarious in Red Alert 1 when Stalin was raging about losing the Chronosphere in the mission, while I actually rescued AND captured it successfully, by using the Iron Curtain on it after damaging it to red health status, and only THEN moving my engineer inside :D

I suppose I should've been glad that doing that actually let the mission finish xD