Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C Generals 2 Mod for Zero Hour

An ambitious Chinese mod team are currently in the process of creating a Command & Conquer: Generals 2 mod for Zero Hour. It will feature the EU, APA and GLA factions, complete with unit and building models from the cancelled Command & Conquer. It may not be the real thing, but its probably going to the be the closest thing to a Generals sequel that we will see.

vtTqhTl.jpg

You can check out more screenshots and models on their ModDB page.

Guest Stevie_K

I am mostly interested in if they are going to attempt to improve the Generals engine, or at least improve its performance. I don't think it can pull my curiosity if the engine performance remains unchanged.

I may support this mod if it is developed on C&C3 or RA3. Besides there's already Generals Evolution for RA3 and Generals Universe for C&C3. A three-way competition for a better new Generals mod is now underway.

Looks very nice graphically, but I just hope it doesn't end up like that Russian RA2-to-Gens port...

I may support this mod if it is developed on C&C3 or RA3. Besides there's already Generals Evolution for RA3 and Generals Universe for C&C3. A three-way competition for a better new Generals mod is now underway.

You believe in competition between mods? lol

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Generals 2 (or whatever you want to call it) was an unfinished game; it looked unfinished, and it felt unfinished. It wasn't even in the beta phase yet.

In my opinion, it is a waste of time to attempt to resurrect something that never reached the point of being alive in the first place. They are trying to recreate a failed work in progress on an outdated engine. I have no expectations for something so utterly illogical.

• Upvote 1

Well, it can't be a 100% complete remake, especially seeing how many game elements Gens2 lacked or were unfinished/unpolished. They can, however, release what they suppose that might have been in the final (or maybe ideal) release, so I'd consider giving them a chance in the end.

I am mostly interested in if they are going to attempt to improve the Generals engine, or at least improve its performance. I don't think it can pull my curiosity if the engine performance remains unchanged.

Without some code injection Syringe-style, you won't find any serious improvements able to be made.

Guest Stevie_K

No doubt. It wouldn't be fair to expect such effort with a cosmetic mod.