Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Who Wants a GeForce GTX TITAN Z?

A retailer in here New Zealand has these GeForce GTX TITAN Z video cards in stock now.

GIGABYTE GV-NTITANZD5-12GD-B GTX TITAN Z 12GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=21756

Gigabyte_GV-NTITANZD5-12GD-B.jpg

It can be all yours for $4,499.95!!! (NZD)

Who the hell spends that much money on ****ing video card? Absolutely ridiculous.

The only value I see in this card is maybe video editing, game development or any other income generating work that makes use of what the card has to offer. Otherwise just buy a massively overkill gaming/everything PC instead of using money on this dual GPU card.

Guest Stevie_K

Who the hell spends that much money on ****ing video card? Absolutely ridiculous.

Those who can afford it. Clearly it is aimed at wealthy gamers. I don't see anything wrong in that to be honest.

I don't really hear people complaining about the price of a Ferrari. People know they are expensive. Same goes here. New high-end graphic cards are expensive.

I wouldn't buy a card that expensive if I was a millionaire, though I wouldn't buy a Ferrari either...

This might be worth it if it had the features from a recent Nvidia Quandro card plus a supported 48-bit "Deep Color" format. :rolleyes:

So far I haven't found this product to be sold in the US yet.

In the UK, it's about half the price from NZ dollars but in British Pounds! http://www.dabs.com/learnmore/components-and-storage/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z-graphics-cards

Edited by zocom7

In the UK, it's about half the price from NZ dollars but in British Pounds!

Is that supposed to be shocking? New Zealand dollars are worth half of a pound, you know...

Ouch, four thousand bucks. :o

I wonder if they're stocking any, or just ordering them as demand requires. I mean there can't be that many people who would buy one of those, professional and commercial entities aside.

The biggest problem with this card is that the AMD Radeon R9 295x2 outperforms by a small margin for half the cost. Colossal waste of your money. Even for professional use, it's a waste. The Quadro is meant for that...

Sigh. I love overpriced bull****.