Sign in to follow this  
PresAckerman

Command & Conquer Animated Movie or Series?

Mass Effect and GI Joe had animated movies made for their franchises. Do you think an short animated movie would be a good way to promote Command and Conquer if EA decides to make another C&C game? I do recall that an motion comic was made for C&C 4. Would you support such an project if it was put in the right hands?

Edited by PresAckerman

Anything that promotes the franchise in a positive way is good. However, due to the uncertain future of the C&C franchise right now some sort of movie is not really an option. The ball is in EA's court right now, we are just waiting to see if and when the bring C&C back.

I think if they had plans to make a C&C movie, it would be more like the Uwe Boll is in EA's court.

Going by EA's record of actually remembering storyline details, I doubt they could pull of a movie that would meet the fans' expectations.

The Mass Effect movie was weird, it had story elements in it which were removed or changed before the first game came out, mixed with actual stuff. So no, if they messed up that much in a franchise which had by the time just released a game and dlcs guess how they would mess up C&C.

Actually, I would like to see a C&C movie written by the original minds behind the series. I am not a Westwood-can-do-no-ill fanatic, I just would really like to see where they would go with it if given the chance.

Sorry - just saw this old thread...

I don't think GI Joe is in the same category as Mass Effect as it has had tv treatment before plus several comics series. As in it already has momentum as an ongoing story.

(I loved resolute when it first came out BTW).

Converting the IP from one medium to another like Mass Effect, or Halo is something that C&C could do - there are enough ideas to make an interesting universe on screen. The obvious problem is lack of a central hero character to play against Kane. That could be a good thing though, no fan-baggage.

The project is highly unlikely of course, but that's a shame. It's too expensive to run a project of this scale for tv - and it's hard to get the emotional depth in a 2hr movie (ala Michael Bay).