AAK625

Renegade on Windows 8?

Hey guys and gals, I purchased the Ultimate Collection and just downloaded Renegade. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to function on Windows 8. Are there any workarounds for this?

Thanks in advance.

Renegade should work with Windows 8. I haven't tested myself, nor I have tested The Ultimate Collection release of the game. I've only ever used the original CD release and installed it on Windows 7, setting the appropriate compatibility settings.

So I would at least attempt to set these options for Renegade on Windows 8. Follow this guide from Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-NZ/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

It might need those DirectX 9.0c components.

Two of the most senior and contributive members of our C&C community are in my thread. Thank you gentlemen.

I adjusted the compatibility settings to Windows XP and that seemed to work fine. I am not sure why it didn't work before. I have a slight bit of stutter when I exit the purchase panel inside a structure and that is all.

Thank you again for your assistance and thank you for all of your hard work over the years.

Good to hear you got it working.

I have a slight bit of stutter when I exit the purchase panel inside a structure and that is all.

That's normal, probably an engine related issue. It doesn't really effect the overall gameplay.

Once your done with Renegade you might want to check out the remake ;)

Renegade X - http://www.renegade-x.com/