Sign in to follow this  
Ahmed Ayman M

About making radart control with maps creating

Well.... i have started my own map...can i get the help about if i make an island in a water.....

and there's some bases there without controlling team .... so if any unit reached that place .... it get captured by the team reaches it first

so how to make that script ?

Why not just have civilian-owned buildings that can be captured with engineers?

Well. i'm speaking about gattling guns and things that cannot be captured...

and i have a problem with the map that's i can see buildings in the host map

after starting game it's not there on map or on land .. any idea to deal with that ?

I know how to make a trigger give buildings to a player from a specific starting position, but not to a player who happens to have a unit in a specific location.

For buildings disappearing, that seems to happen when they are some faction other than civilian, I can't remember which factions did it...

Ok thanks,i have fixed out the buidlings problem///....

but..i think you gotta what i want..so how to do that out ?

Are you using FinalAlert to make your map?

Create a new trigger, under actions, select action '14 Change House'. The '<Player @ x>' parameter values are what allow you to pick a certain starting location. '<Player @ A>' is Player 1 or Waypoint 0, '<Player @ B>' is Player 2 or Waypoint 1, ect.

Then select the buildings and/or units you want transferred and choose that trigger's tag for the Attached tag.

This will cause all tagged building to be transferred to the player at the specified starting location when the trigger event is met. If you make an equal number of such triggers as starting locations, you can give every player some new equipment whenever you want. The most simple use of this is to make the event be '8 Any Event' which will give the players their new equipment as soon as the match begins.

I don't think this type of trigger can easily be used for what you're looking for, although if you used an event that checked which starting location caused it, like '59 Entered or Overflown By', you could make it happen for each player as they fulfill some requirement - like discovering an island. But the only way I could see that working is if your island base had a duplicate stash of free equipment for each possible starting location. You might be able to make the discovery more exclusive to the first finder by making all the duplicate buildings explode or something as soon as one set has been awarded.

Thanks man...anyway.... i did it like "18 Elapsed time" or with your mind "8 Any event"

but now i wanna to know....how to make a time remaining text like the one in some allies missions "Time Before Yuri's Forces Reach" and etc...

how to do that ? and if i used "18 elapsed time" if i do 1200 : how much seconds is that ?or minutes ?

I think you're looking for '11 Text Trigger', you could also add on '21 Play Speech' so it shows the text and announces it at the same time. So if you want 20 minutes remaining, the text trigger would be 'VOX:ceva027' and speech 'EVA_20MinutesRemaining'.

Time is in seconds, although how long a 'second' is depends on your speed settings.

well thanks man...it works..

but i don't it like saying something online..and if it what i want, it's not showing how much mintues remining after the 20 minutes remining

i wanna it like 20:00 and then 19:59 and then 19:58 and etc...

if you don't know here it shown... i think it's right under (( too under and too left ))

If I understand you correctly, you want a countdown timer to appear on screen?

You'll need two trigger actions for that. The first is '27 Timer Set', the value is in seconds; 1200 for twenty minutes. The next action should be '23 Timer Start'.

Thanks..now after that....

how to mix that trigger with a trigger that's getting the player ( or i will do what i want with it ) that i select or team to win if something happen?

and if some buildings still alive...the speciefic team wins ?

Well I guess you'd use action '1 Winner is' using whatever events you want...

Do you mean like a label attached to the timer? I'm actually not sure about that, there is an action, '103 Timer Text', but I haven't been able to get it to work properly...

ok i will try it now and tell you what have i got...

oh,i forget..and how to make a chrono transfering units? and how to give it for a team? or speciefic player ?

[edit]:

well it works fine.the countdown with text is working...

Edited by Ahmed Ayman M

Action '107 Reinforcement by Chrono', create a teamtype belonging to the house you want them for.

You know, these all can be found just by looking through the list. I don't wish to sound abrasive, but is there a reason why you can't find them by yourself? I don't actively mod anymore, so I don't even remember a lot of this stuff and have to look it all up again myself.

I did it correctly now.how to make thge reinforcment by chrono working for every player i select ? and how to select time they appear in?

and how to make thier countdown with it's text? do i just have to make new one only ?

Edited by Ahmed Ayman M

If you want reinforcements for multiple players, create multiple trigger actions and multiple teamtypes.

Use the Elapsed Time event to determine when the reinforcements arrive.

I don't know if you can have more than one countdown at a time through the mission timer, you'd probably have to jury-rig superweapons or something to get multiple timers, but that'd be messy to say the least.

OKAY,,,,....,,,anyway can i copy some objects like when i mark alot of programs with mouse?or anything else?

beacuse i don't wanna do every thing i did in every player in every reinforcment

Not sure I can help you with that. I've had plenty of crashes in my time, but I don't think my game has ever just stopped loading. Did you try loading the map more than once and have it stop at the same point every time?