Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

The Joe Kucan reddit AMA Is Live Now

Joe and Daniel Kucan's reddit AMA is live now. It has been going for a few hours, and both Joe and Daniel are still at it, answering many of the fans questions. And yes, you can expect to see the entertaining responses that only Joe Kucan come up with. A quick can be read below.

VR07piz.jpg

Parrallax91: Joe, the C & C series was my favourite series and I've been playing it since I was 6 (I'm 25 now for reference.). How much did you like how the series wrapped up? Also, is there a definitive collection between the tiberium and red alert universes?

Joe: Thanks for spending a bit of the past (quick - do the math; 25 - 6... hmmm. You can't take 6 from 5, 5 is less than 6, so you take 1 from the 2 in the 10's place; that makes 15 and you take away 6, that's 9 leaving a 1 in the 10's plus 9, that makes: ...) 19 years with us! I hope you've become a productive member of society. If not - if, perhaps, you're writing this question from prison having committed a series of violent and despicable crimes, then clearly video games are to blame and let this be a warning to you kids! DON'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES! Or perhaps you're the CEO of an environmentally friendly swimwear company and good for you! Clearly video games are to blame! PLAY LOTS OF VIDEO GAMES KIDS! Anyway, I have to admit to being a tad underwhelmed at the way EA chose to end Kane's storyline in C&C. Had I been in those development meetings, I probably would have pushed for something much more ... i don't know ... more ... interesting? Violent? Musical? Something. As for the collection: I don't really know. I'm honestly not aware of what bundles are out there. Since I don't receive any per-unit royalties, I just don't care.

Parrallax91:Hahahaha, thank you. Best AMA response ever. Nope, productive member of society checking in. No prison or heroin on my record. Sorry, I typed this on my iphone, I meant connection. Kane popping up in Red Alert 1 happened and was never mentioned again.

Joe: Yeah - guess I was the only one planning out a lengthy, personally lucrative crossover franchise. Red Alert was meant to be a quick one-off using the C&C engine and cramming in some new art. It was envisioned as a prequel to the original C&C, but its (surprising) popularity meant developing its own storyline, universe and characters. The Kane connection was quickly forgotten and thus I missed my chance to perform, years later, with Jonathan Pryce.

There is probably still time to get your questions in, or if you just want to read through it, click here.

It's day #2 and Joe is still answering questions. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Three things I found to be surprising:

1) Joe still isn't even married.

2) Joe is interested in directing a game movie of Half-Life!

3) The latest pics from A Public Fit facebook page shows that Joe Kucan is looking as old as Methuselah. :P

Edited by zocom7

2) Joe is interested in directing a game movie of Half-Life!

I think you took that one way too seriously. :rolleyes:

Do you live?

In death, apparently.

That's a classic :P. Edited by Banshee

I did a good amount of writing back in the Westwood days, especially as I felt a certain ownership of the character and really fought to keep his voice just so. Much, much less in the recent incarnations.

Huh. That's surprising. From the beta footage of C&C1 I got, it seemed like they really reined him in in the early game to make Kane always be cool and controlled.