Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Get Some Command & Conquer Trivia

What was once buried away inside our forums is now a full feature on the main site. 50 different bits of Command & Conquer Trivia, spread across 5 pages. Some of it you may know, but perhaps there are some you don't know. It spans the entire franchise and includes lots of images and videos.

tZM67AJ.png

Click here to read them all. Thanks to Plokite_Wolf for collecting these.

Why thank you, Sonic. I really wasn't expecting this ^_^

You even managed to find that 2002 Generals trailer, it was removed after some time, cheers for that!

Although, you needn't have left the space for images in #17. Originally, I copypasted the images that were in the respective characters' articles on EVA Database, but those were actually misplaced images of random soldiers/generals that you see as rank icons when you log in to Generals/Zero Hour online. It was only days after I posted that entry that I realised this.

Thought nobody read the thread since its end ^_^

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Is it just me or does entry 5 (Red Alert 2 Censorship) have doubled text on the main site?

You are correct. An error on my part there. All fixed now though.

Why thank you, Sonic. I really wasn't expecting this ^_^

Its been on my to do list for awhile now. I'm always looking for ways to add new content and features into the main site it self.

Although, you needn't have left the space for images in #17. Originally, I copypasted the images that were in the respective characters' articles on EVA Database, but those were actually misplaced images of random soldiers/generals that you see as rank icons when you log in to Generals/Zero Hour online. It was only days after I posted that entry that I realised this.

I left it like that thinking I could locate the missing images. Since I'm assuming the images aren't available I've made some changes to #17.

Talking about trivia...

Apparently there was a launch party for Red Alert 1 in Paris. Hallfiry dug this up in one of the magazines in his vast collection. Check out the (German) article here:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3066.0

[edit]

Oh, and some beta shots of Red Alert 1 show images of a red-headed female commando, presumed to be the cut "Megan" unit mentioned on page 3 of the trivia (item #21). I added the picture here:

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Megan

On item #23 – Aliens in Command & Conquer: I asked about the C&C1 "UFO" tile on the Petro forum, and some dev there confirmed that it was, in fact, not some alien craft. It was supposed to be a crashed helicopter canopy. That same dev did admit that no one besides the original artist who made it ever recognized that in it, though :P

• Upvote 2

Oh, and some beta shots of Red Alert 1 show images of a red-headed female commando, presumed to be the cut "Megan" unit mentioned on page 3 of the trivia (item #21). I added the picture here:

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Megan

I think that screenshot was dug after I made that trivia post :P

That same dev did admit that no one besides the original artist who made it ever recognized that in it, though :P

Ha, failed graphics are failed :haha:

Yeah, I indeed found that RA beta shot after your trivia run. Still, nifty new information, no? :)

Indeed.

#7 with Daniel Kucan is missing the first appearance, which is in Tiberian Dawn! The first actor you actually see in the entire C&C franchise. :)

at 0:45

At least your mother tipped well!

Confirmed in the recent Kucan AMA.

EDIT:

Upon seeing Daniel in the end scene of TW again, I realized I know that place. It's from the Santa Monica ocean avenue in Los Angeles. I live close to there now. :)

Here, see this street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.014592,-118.498676,3a,75y,290.57h,83.91t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMoMHg7aIcFC9-dH0TUWgsQ!2e0

Same buildings and so on, so I'm positive.

I wonder if LA was a green zone, or whatever it was called?

Edited by recover

Are you sure that's Daniel?

jwjfOj0.png

I guess it kind of looks like him, but can't be 100% sure to be honest.

Yes, that is most certainly Daniel. And his then-girlfriend. Joe said that multiple times in interviews, and once again recently in the Reddit AMA.

Are you sure that's Daniel?

If you read the Kucan AMA that I linked, Frank Klepacki writes:

Ironically Daniel gets the "first word" over his brother as well in the very first C&C... "at least your mother tipped well!" SMACK Well done sir!

And Joe Kucan responds:

It's true! And that was Daniel's girlfriend at the time too, which was why they were so free to beat the crap out of each other.

So, yes, we can be quite sure.