Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Splitting the game into two parts

Guest Rabbit

I've decided it's probably best to split the game into two parts. As I build it, it is becoming incredibly complex to try to build two storylines on the same world, mostly because it clutters up the game massively as I have more and more events and chains everywhere.

As such, I'll work on an RDI game and Brotherhood game independently of each other, on more or less the same map, following the same general timeline. By doing this, I'll be able to release at least one version sooner than the other, while at the same time, making the work more efficient.

I'll make every attempt to keep to the arbitrary timeline I have, at the very least trying to release both games within six months of each other.

Aw... :(

Having the same game change depending on your actions is much more interesting and immersive.

Guest Rabbit

Well considering you choose whether to be RDI or Nod in the first two minutes of the game, I really don't see splitting it into two parts making that much of a difference.

So you have decided to do similarly on how Blizzard did on Starcraft II. One faction campaign = one game. Another faction campaign = another game.

Sounds reasonable.

I suppose it is more C&C-ish to choose your campaign from the start... I guess I was just imagining the line between factions to be less defined and your character wouldn't pass a point of no return until much farther into the storyline than two minutes.

Guest Rabbit

Well, I'm going to try my best to add other points of no return for both sides. An example for Nod being the choice to become infused with Tiberium, and with RDI to make a few small choices to destroy Nod technology and research or keep it for yourself.

I still have to think of more.