Sign in to follow this  
afrog2

Should I make a new site?

Well, I'm thinking about making a new site and it will be cnc-modding.net. It will be hosted on myftp. Since i know the owner. Then get gaming source to host it for more room. Then I will help support CNCNZ.com. IS this a good idea? Post here. Post as followed:

-Good idea or not?

-Do you want to help?

-(If you want to help) Do u want to make a layout?

-(If you want to help) Do you want to help me with finding mods?

If you want to help with something else then post here.

Robin at Gaming Source probably won't host it since the rules state that he wants to see already established sites joing the network.

Personally I think you should concentrate on building ABUMM. Because the community doesn't need another modding site. Thats just what I think so don't take it the wrong way.

I ment as in like, mds with news for all of them, advertising for cncnz.com and others. And ABUMM can't be gaming servers any more, for some reason ( i havent told any 1 yet) all the abumm server users have been deleated, and banned. There are no e-mails with the fds serial number or the usernames :S so thats why i was thinking of this...

I ment as in like, mds with news for all of them, advertising for cncnz.com and others. And ABUMM can't be gaming servers any more, for some reason ( i havent told any 1 yet)

You just have...

No gaming servers anymore... Well that cuts down alot of the site's potential... You guys better come up with some more features for the site instead of just mirroring the news on RenAlert...

Fair enough it's a RenAlert site, but you must give it something to stand out, cos we can just post that sort of news on the CNCNZ news page... We need some map makers or something to start doing some kick-ass maps..

But the fact is you are not running any of your own servers... so really you're backed into a corner....

As Sonic says there are enough modding sites to make us sick and tired... so how you gonna sort this one out. Because without an outstanding feature I will have to suggest Abumm's shutdown in the near future....

I can't get anything done for ABUMM now a days. So many things we can add to make our site like huge, but as the rules follow. I can't add it.

Well you've gotta get something out the bag... otherwise there's no reason for Abumm to be up I'm afraid...

I wish I could do sites concerning EA on this network, but then before you know it, it's flooded with games... and basically this network has never done anything other than RTS games...

I would love to do a Need for Speed Underground Web-site. That has so much potential, cos I wouldn't do just focus on the game itself, I would add in all sorts of real life tuner events and everything... go beyond the call of that site....

Only thing I can suggest if you wanna save Abumm is go beyond the call of Renegade Alert and focus on all First Person Renegade & C&C style mods. I'm talking about Reborn, The Dead 6, Verge Of Armageddon, Fist of fate, the star wars mod and also RA2: Vengence...

It's gonna mean a new layout, new banner, and everything, but it's all I can suggest to avoid Abumm being shut down...but look at it this way... with the new advertising from gaming source coming in soon you may have to consider a new layout anyway.....

Your call, either take this route of risk losing the webspace guys.... I personally think it's a very good idea to cover all the First Person C&C games on one site.... as far as I know no-one else has this subject area covered, so you'll be the first.

I can't get anything done for ABUMM now a days. So many things we can add to make our site like huge, but as the rules follow. I can't add it.

So you think the network rules are preventing you from building up the site?

What rules in particular?

No flash video's (may cause lag) { on a high bandwidth server, then it shouldn't}

No streaming radios

and alot of my stuff seams to be getting deleated

How does the lack of Shoutcast radio prevent you from building a site? Streaming Radio wouldn't add anything to the site and would kill the server sap all the data transfer.

OK tell you what... You have 2 weeks to rebuild Abumm into something worth visiting, otherwise you are gonna have to say goodbye to it.

You've been working on other sites, wanting to make others, and when you're busy with those, you say on Abumm it's because you can't get to the computer that you can't update the site...

Your priorities do not lie with Abumm, you've made that clear... Now I've decided that if you cannot stick with Abumm and make it a priority amongst the 3 or 4 other sites you're trying to work at, then I will ask Sonic to close it down....

I got you this space for a reason and you're abusing it clearly, as I delete crap on the servers that shouldn't be on there... You want more storage space buy a hard drive.

You showed promise when you first got this web-space, you had game servers running, staff making maps, and now you have hardly anything, you're off making cnc-modding.net, focussing on a Dune 2000 Renegade mod, and This Fist Of Fate as well, and then you worry about Abumm in the weekends.. It's not on!!

Right I'm setting a date... I'm giving you until 10:00am on the 18th October to make improvements to the site.... otherwise I'm getting Sonic to have Abumm shut down!!!

No flash video's (may cause lag) { on a high bandwidth server, then it shouldn't}

No streaming radios

and alot of my stuff seams to be getting deleated

Who told you this? Have you read the rules CNCNZ.com's http://www.cncnz.com/network/hosting.shtml and Gaming Source's http://www.gamingsource.co.uk/hosting.php

I suggest you read the CNCNZ.com Network Hosting rules and you will notice the ABUMM is in breach of few things.

All of the rules are in place to keep the network running. Your not paying for the hosting so you can't bitch about the rules.

Also, the ABUMM ftp account is rather messy actually. So many duplicate files, lots of junk.

Over the last few weeks I haven't seen anything positive from ABUMM. When C&C King first talked to me about hosting the site in the network I gave the you the shot because ABUMM was different, it offered the CNCNZ.com network some diversity. I'm just seeing the professional attitude from the site that I wanted to see.

I'll have to back C&C King on the 2 week time frame to fix things.

ok Look. I am still with ABUMM don't worry. But on cnc.modding.net, Since I can get it busy, and people not wanting to visit a cheap website about gaming servers. Then they can go to cnc-modding.net and there is a tab there that has ' Host a server' and ' Request a server'. Those servers will be ABUMM's servers. I had to think about this, and your the first to hear it. If you can just let me keep the space for a bit longer. I can easily get it back up and better then befor. After cnc-modding.net is done. Then my advertisers will announce it. Then most of it will be related to ABUMM. Or the servers part will be. Just please let me finish up here :(.. or can u let me back up what i got now, then organise it. Then upload it later? Please? This could easily improve cncnz.com and trap17!

2 Weeks, that's all you have and my decision is final.. it's time to prioritise I'm afraid.

You may be webmaster, but Sonic has given me the director role here and the opportunity to help the site when needed. I'll give you a list of criteria on what I want to see from you guys..

Abumm needs to get in line with the terms and conditions set. This is one of the main reasons I have recommended Abumm for shutdown. Below are examples....

<li> The layout needs to be improved.. You've got Poll's and cgi scripts all over the place with no real presentation to the site, it looks messy and very unatttactive.

<li> You have MP3s on the site I believe. A massive no no here, unless you have asked Frank Klepacki for you to host his music and he has given you written concent, and Sonic has seen it. The Red Alert soundtrack should not even be on there!

<li> Large files on the FTP and the FTP structure. FTP needs to be simplified. I'm looking inside the folders now.. You have folders with your names on that have no significance to the site whatsoever. You also have Renegade Tools and stuff in excess of 8MB which have not been cleared by us first. These are large files, and another breach of the Network Rules.

<li> Our hosted sites can not host more sites below them. I see a Fist of Fate folder, it has a cnews folder inside it.. that to me constitutes as another hosted site.

These are just a few, there are more, but I don't see why I have to spell it out for you.

I will give you until Friday to sort out the FTP itself. After that I will go in there and personally delete duplicates, and anything else I don't see fit.. these will not be backed up first either.....

That's all I have to say.

ok once again. Thats not the fof site. They got there own http://fofmod.com. Thats suppose to be the other part of the site, but it seems that we can't get a proper layout, and no one seems to be able to make one. So if you were in my shoes, then you would be strangled here. At least i give myself a change, I take chances. I could change hosts, But i stay with cncnz. For the old fans sake. You can just shut us down. We can come back. Ever since the school year started we have been down alot. As you can see you not away for 6 hours then coming home to do more work. You never had a site or gaming servers at my age. So like help take the stress off. We arn't all 30 years old to let you know.

I could change hosts, But i stay with cncnz. For the old fans sake. You can just shut us down. We can come back. Ever since the school year started we have been down alot.

Well you almost changed when we lost GamersPulse :roll:

Downtime?, what downtime.

Although I know nothing about GS's hosting policy, I don't see how they would mind too much about a couple of 8Mb files.

Not downtime, down like as in offline, and i never left cncnz, i just was taking some space off of neoncube for space, school projects and so on.

Need an update... what are you doing (detail please) 6 days to go and no visible changes as yet....I want to see some changes by Friday..

I've deleted the MP3's and certain files and folders from the FTP... these were priority and you still didn't remove them. There are reasons for international copyright laws you know :roll:

I'd just like to Confirm Abumm Has now been shut down... No progrssion was made upon it, as it broke the Terms & Conditions of our hosting. Unfortunately I have been made to look a fool for recommending this site to our network...

Well its gone now. Its sad, but it happens I geuss. :(

yeah, but look here. Afrog is busy.

It's not a n00b site, since cncnz pressured me, i've been feeling like just ripping your heads off, you have to give a *KID* a chance. It's not like my parents give me any time to do anything. And I left for a reason. I don't want people pressuring me. I wanted to hack cncnz so badly for pressuring me. But I don't cuz I can tell you don't know what my life is like. :roll: And being with cncnz made it look like a n00b. ABUMM didn't stand a chance when school came around. So I gave up earily. I would do something if you ever helped me look for something to host my servers. There was a code I have to host a server on the ftp or cncnz's site. But I didn't wonna risk the chance of crashing ther server.

No, it's a n00b site. You might disagree but it's going to go nowhere and it'll do it fast. It takes DEDICATION to make a successful site of any kind. It seems as though you lack the dedication necessary to run a site.