Sign in to follow this  
PresAckerman

What happened to space opera?

Back in the early 2000s we had awesome epic space operas like Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5. I used to see a lot of commercials promoting the Battlestar Galactica TV series back in 2004-05. I was never interested in sci fi until earlier this year when I played the first Mass Effect under the recommendation of a friend. I thought the Battle for the Citadel scene was epic. I have yet to watch Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5.

Why don't we see shows like Battlestar Galactica or Babylon 5 anymore? Did the network execs decide the genre was dead? I think we need more epic space battles on TV.

It was long thought that fantasy was a genre once thought reserved for geeks but Game of Thrones has a broad audience. Perhaps a well written space opera with a huge budget could appeal to a diverse audience.

Do you think this genre should be revived?

Why doesn't HBO take their chances on sci fi?

Guest Rabbit

I'm sure this doesn't answer your particular question, but I'm really curious as to what your reasoning for posting all these things are.

It seems like the last four threads you've made here (which you never respond to), are threads you post in many other communities, some related to gaming, some related to animation and comic books, one oddly related to game of thrones?

Anyway, are you ever planning on replying to these threads yourself, or are you just copy-pasting other discussions from other forums here? I guess I'm just curious as to what the point of all of these mini-articles are, especially considering you're writing an article on the premise of reviving a style of show that you openly admit you haven't even seen.

I'm suddenly feeling old, noticing how long I've been here, but copy/pasting the same somewhat irrelevant topics on multiple forums reminds me of that idiot Ezri we banned a good while back who had a list of 183 forums he did this type of thing to.

At least these topics aren't quite as pointless, but I do have to question the social life of one who feels the need to start the same topic on several forums like playing Russian roulette with a conversational piece and seeing who bites the bullet.