Sign in to follow this  
caio2211

Generals: Zero Hour - Game Detected Mismatch

I got the same problem. The error happens in less 30 seconds.

print_erro_generals.png

My PC is

AMD FX 8320

4GB RAM

GeForce GT520

The other PC is

AMD Phenom

4GB RAM

Geforce 200 series

(OK, I don't know what is exactly the other computer)

We are all with 1.03 rev 4 patch

Running Generals Zero Hour from The First Decade.

Any ideas, friends?

Either one/some/all of you have a version of Zero Hour that is not an unmodded v1.04 or one/some/all of you has a no-CD crack different to that of the one provided by TFD 1.03 r4 (which is compatible with other players online through GenTool).

SOLUTION:

1. Remove any mods before going online OR get the same version of the mod in question.
  2. Re-apply TFD 1.03 rev4 patch to get rid of any crack discrepancies.
  3. If you're using C&C:Online, Tunngle, Hamachi, Evolve or any other LAN-emulating tool, get GenTool (won't work on GameRanger anymore, though).

Either one/some/all of you have a version of Zero Hour that is not an unmodded v1.04 or one/some/all of you has a no-CD crack different to that of the one provided by TFD 1.03 r4 (which is compatible with other players online through GenTool).

SOLUTION:

1. Remove any mods before going online OR get the same version of the mod in question.
  2. Re-apply TFD 1.03 rev4 patch to get rid of any crack discrepancies.
  3. If you're using C&C:Online, Tunngle, Hamachi, Evolve or any other LAN-emulating tool, get GenTool (won't work on GameRanger anymore, though).

Very strange... We are all with 1.03 rev 4 patch installed, no mods, no lan emulation.

PC1 is running Win7 64, PC2 is running WinXP

That is a real mystery...

Edited by Sonic

This discussion has been split from the very old thread that it was originally started in. It is best to start a new topic rather than resurrecting an old one.

Try setting the game to compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 on your Win7 computer. If that fails, reinstall.

I was able to run Generals ZH in LAN game, using GenTool.

Try setting the game to compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3 on your Win7 computer. If that fails, reinstall.

I didn't try this, but I will try out this, as an experiment. Thanks! Edited by caio2211

Hi,

I created an account just to reply to you. My sons play this game between two computers at home. We had that error message pretty consistently early on. There are 2 things you need to do to get rid of it. Set the "generals.exe" to Run as Administrator on each computer, and then edit your Options.ini to ensure your GameSpyIPAddress and IPAddress are correct (on both computers). Once you do that, you shouldn't see that error message again.

The options.ini is found in My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data.

You need to ensure the two settings are the local IP address of the computer they are running on. For instance, on one computer, that may be 192.168.1.3 (for both settings) and on the other, it may be 192.168.1.4 (again, for both settings). When yiou open the Options.ini file, you may find that they are both set to 0.0.0.0. We found that by changing the zeroes to the local IP (for both of these settings), it fixed the problem. The boys have since played the game dozens of times and have never seen that error again.

Here is an extract from the options.ini file in case the above explanation was not clear. But remember, the local IP must be the one you are using on your computer :

GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.1.3
Gamma = 50
HeatEffects = yes
IPAddress = 192.168.1.3

And on the other computer :

GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.1.4
Gamma = 50
HeatEffects = yes
IPAddress = 192.168.1.4