Sign in to follow this  
Koen

TibEd 2 status

TibEd 2 alpha 9 can edit existing keys and values in the FactionUnit, building, prop, etc ini files and can edit Armor.ini and Locomotor.ini and a few others.

Alpha 10 (in the works) can add new keys as well, this will be much more TibEd 1 style where all possible keys are listed with a default value, and if you edit them, they are added to the ini file.

Guest bws

ok, cool that you got that far (ini`s are a pain in the ass to parse), i`m currently working on an editing studio for it as you know, and i finished a tree based INI editor... you`ll see it on my site in a few weeks

OK, I'll check it out then :)

But I'm sure you'll make a post in these forums as well? I look here quite often :roll: .

Guest bws

Well... i`m still working and if there are any results (few weeks) they can be seen and downloadedn on cncsdk.cncnz.com

This all sounds great and stuff... buteh... when will you add support for the AI.ini?

and I think you should be able to have one of your "projects" loaded (you know the .TIB files) and at the same time load in any differences from INI files, thus you can edit an INI file manually and keep your settings when you want to edit stuff with Tibed again.

This all sounds great and stuff... buteh... when will you add support for the AI.ini?

and I think you should be able to have one of your "projects" loaded (you know the .TIB files) and at the same time load in any differences from INI files, thus you can edit an INI file manually and keep your settings when you want to edit stuff with Tibed again.

I'm just realising that this topic belongs in the TibEd forum really... oh well.

Anyway, AI.ini support, for which game? I presume RA2 or YR. This unfortunately is beyond the TibEd 1.x engine. However I do want to add support for RA2/YR in TibEd 2 sometime... when I have time :roll:.

The 2nd thing isn't possible in TibEd 1.x either, you have a knack for finding it's limitations ;)

However, TibEd 2 has a different approach, where this is possible: you just delete an INI file from your project in the Project Explorer and then import your changed file and you're set. Unfortunately, only Generals at the moment. Hmm. I need time to work on TibEd 2 I see :)

Guest Dorian

Where can I find this tibed version 2? do you have any idea when your engine will support any of the things mentioned above?

heh, before you go and concentrate fully on Tibed2, why don't you debug 1.54 first? hehe

Guest bws

that is the problem with programming... debugging takes 1000 times longer then programming

heh, before you go and concentrate fully on Tibed2, why don't you debug 1.54 first? hehe

Well basically, it is easier to rewrite certain stuff than to fix it in 1.54. The code wasn't designed very well and hard to modify.

oh.. in that case: Hurry up with the RA2/YR support! And make it backwards compatible, so my MOD file still works with the new edition.

You're a nice guy! Don't blow it by releasing a crappy 2nd version ;)

oh.. in that case: Hurry up with the RA2/YR support! And make it backwards compatible, so my MOD file still works with the new edition.

You're a nice guy! Don't blow it by releasing a crappy 2nd version ;)

Import from TibEd 1.x files should be supported.

The most important problem is the deployment problem: TibEd 1.x places the files in the RA2 folder itself and can remove them from there as well. I prefer the Launcher style used in Generals but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I should ask Olaf about maybe using XCC Mod Creator for this...

can we hurry the add units part.

My mod project is on hold due to this

Project:Lasna mod

3 new teams

over 100 new units

over 50 new buildings

project status:

On hold

Guest killer

hi so you test mod huh wanna test mine it ads a new group to the game

if your interested add me ad your msn or send me a mail

:bouncer: [/url]

Hey Koen just wanted to know dose tibed 2 work with ZeroHour?? i have a few plans brewing in my head for that game im squeeling mod the damn game in my sleep but i need to know if tibed2 at its current build alpha 9 can mod zerohour i know future versions will if version 9 dosnt cus i kinda think ur not that EVIL............ :twisted: lol thanks Koen keep up the good work :wink:

No, alpha 9 can't do it.

I want to add it for alpha 10 though. But Generals Mod Selector needs to be rewritten to Zero Hour Mod Selector and all. And I'm playing ZH at the moment :D

I've rewritten Generals Mod Selector, it now supports Zero Hour and will be bundled with Alpha 10.

However, I'm having some problems with adding ZH support to TibEd 2. There are now 18 MB of INIs in the game and that's a lot ;)

But the main problem is with BIG generation and some deployment issues. Will post more status updates as I make progress.

I've rewritten Generals Mod Selector, it now supports Zero Hour and will be bundled with Alpha 10.

However, I'm having some problems with adding ZH support to TibEd 2. There are now 18 MB of INIs in the game and that's a lot ;)

But the main problem is with BIG generation and some deployment issues. Will post more status updates as I make progress.

Deployment has been 'solved' (more or less). Works like a charm now with Generals Mod Selector, both for Generals and Zero Hour.

Remaining: one very big issue with the new INI files for Objects. There are now 20+ of them compared to 8 for Generals. Need to find a good way to organize them, but need to make some changes to the core to do this.

Guest dax

nice work m8. I gonna get ZH soon.

Deployment has been 'solved' (more or less). Works like a charm now with Generals Mod Selector, both for Generals and Zero Hour.

Remaining: one very big issue with the new INI files for Objects. There are now 20+ of them compared to 8 for Generals. Need to find a good way to organize them, but need to make some changes to the core to do this.

Thanks Koen for working on this... Generals has always been a pain for me to mod because of all the ini's that have to be changed just to add one new unit...

Zero hour is a cool expansion... i just finished making a new carrier model because i wasn't happy with how small it was in zero hour

2.JPG

Guest Kachina Oki

I just posted my aircraft carrier model... i went ahead and registered...

Koen is there anything anyone can do to help you with the work involved in TibEd2? And adding support for zero hour is an excellent decision... :D

I just posted my aircraft carrier model... i went ahead and registered...

Koen is there anything anyone can do to help you with the work involved in TibEd2? And adding support for zero hour is an excellent decision... :D

Updating generals_help.xml: Well... if you know stuff about INI editing, then perhaps you can improve current help texts/add new ones.

Updating key-value-editor.xml: Or, in alpha 10, the keys possible for a section are all listed, but their grouping into categories and ordering could be improved - and some of the might be missing. And the new Zero Hour keys aren't in there yet - finding out which keys are new also needs to be done.