Sign in to follow this  
Koen

Here's your chance to help on TibEd 2

Help on translating TibEd 2

Currently TibEd 2 is only available in English, but it is designed to be translated into other languages as well. If you want to translate TibEd 2 into a different language, please post here!

You can find texts in the "Tibedres.xml" file in the TibEd folder, I'll explain here how to do it if you want to translate!

Help on the data files (help and editable keys)

As you may know, I'm pretty busy, and I can use all the help I can get. The Generals INI files are huge - there are hundreds of possible keys everywhere. Now, I need some help on getting a list of all the keys allowed inside the different modules of objects - and any of the keys I missed in the normal sections as well.

If you want to help in collecting these key lists (or write help for the keys) please read the following steps:

- Download alpha 11, build 37. This is not yet the final version, but adds some required code support for the Module editing of objects. They should all be back in, but they have almost no keys.

- Using the viewer page for modules, you can see which keys are allowed there. For specific modules or objects, please compile a list of keys.

- You can find the keys in kveditor_source.xml: http://www.tibed.net/beta/kveditor_source.xml . If you happen to know a specific key is only for Zero Hour, then use #ifdef ZEROHOUR and #endif to enclose that key, this way, it will only show up for Zero Hour and not for Generals. You can find examples in that file. Also, you can categorize these keys as well, and you can mark them with multi="1" to allow multiple instances. You don't have to do all this straight away, you just have to get some feeling for it at first.

- You can find the help in http://www.tibed.net/beta/generals_help.xml . Just write any additions/changes in a seperate file which more or less follows this formats.

This goes for everything: make lists of your changes/additions to these files, making it easier for me to merge them again (if multiple people happen to work on them). These two XML files can be viewed in Internet Explorer or a plain text editor. They are included with this zipped alpha 11 as well: http://www.tibed.net/beta/alpha11data.zip . This file contains the alpha 11/build 37 prerelease installer as well.

I hope there are people who'll help me! :):D:)

Guest rickmegens

Koen, if i have some time.. can i translate in into dutch? i dont know how but ill see it :lol:

That would be nice. I'm thinking about writing a string editor for TibEd resource files so it's much easier to translate... Can I have your mail address?

And for the nosy people: the file above has been updated. But do not use your right mouse button on weapons/objects in the edit tree. Because then you have to save your mod, and reopen it to get the added thing to show up and you have to change it's name to something unique. Still needs major work. But it's a start :D

hey koen, id like to help with thoughs keys and that. but all i know that's important is how to use generals, and how to use tibed. i dont know how to find thoughs keys, how to extract them, what programmes to use to get them etc. im basically useless to you :( but id like to be helpful in some way or another

Guest rickmegens

but koen, could you explain me how to translate, its a little bit hard :(

Yes, I really need to explain it or else it's too hard... uhm... I really need to write a good explanation.

Yes, I really need to explain it or else it's too hard... uhm... I really need to write a good explanation.

yea and i suggest you write down notes as you continue to improve tibed 2, and when your done, you can look back at your notes. and will be able to easily explain the aspecs of the game of which people dont understand.

for me tibed is to just edit a few things, but to pure gamer's who are really into editing games use tibed to make their own mods. and i honistly dont want to make a mod. i wanna just edit the game to show that i can easily beat the 'hard enemy' with my cool army. meh :P

I can translate it into Traditional Chinese, if the process isn't hard.

That would be nice, but I think entering Traditional Chinese characters requires me to make the editor first (plain text files can only contain ASCII/English characters). Unfortunately, my dev PC just broke and I cannot make such a thing right now...

Please check back in 2/3 weeks I hope my PC is fixed then and to have the tool ready for you.

Guest rickmegens

"I really need to write a good explanation."

thanks

I can translate it into Traditional Chinese, if the process isn't hard.

That would be nice, but I think entering Traditional Chinese characters requires me to make the editor first (plain text files can only contain ASCII/English characters). Unfortunately, my dev PC just broke and I cannot make such a thing right now...

Please check back in 2/3 weeks I hope my PC is fixed then and to have the tool ready for you.

Noted...

Anyway, you just need to let the editor to support double byte character systems to display Asian languages.

You might just as well write the new editor using an unicode interface.

Guest IonCannon

If it isn't hard I could translate to Polish

Well, I don't know alot about Keys and all but I can give you a list of things that really have to be in TibEd2 so that you know what to add. (Superweapon attack radius, health Elite recovering, Upgrades... I don't know if you want it but if you do let me know here.