Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Early C&C Commando PlayStation Tech Demo Discovered

An early tech demo preview of C&C Commando for the PlayStation has been found. For those who don't know, C&C Commando was the working title for the original C&C Renegade. This build, from around July 1997, has a basic model viewer, with the three models included in the game, a Player Test, a Terrain Test, plus a "Jogging Around Atlanta" test which has the Commando running around. It will be released soon as an ISO for anyone wanting to check out for themselves. For now, you can watch this video.

After all theses years, I was totally unaware there were plans for a PlayStation version of C&C Renegade (aka C&C Commando). Follow the latest developments about this right here.

The guy running around the Atlanta track is a test character (with proper animations and texture) and the commando is the half textured glitched model that just floats also the commando's entire textures are inside the disk so it's possible to fix him granted if anyone wanted to.

And the download is already up! https://mega.co.nz/#!6lg1DDDQ!TD3P2T1PGcfw9O0izLiEREFdiNGjJqRC3vMnxClQlj8

This is great.

I'm still holding out for a tech demo of Westwoods original CNC 3 / Tiberian Incursion.

Only 1.1 MB as a demo? Is that tech demo a DOS program?

Now what about a tech demo release of Westwood's C&C3/Tiberian Incursion?

Full games back then didn't use nearly as much space as today's ones :P

The first MDK, also from 1997, full with animations, textures, sounds, music, missions etc. requires 179 MB in the GoG release, and up to 150 MB less in a minimal install from a CD. The C&C Commando tech demo size does surprise with only 1.1 MB, but then again, it's very basic.

Now what about a tech demo release of Westwood's C&C3/Tiberian Incursion?

As far I know, Westwood never got out of the design phase for all their incarnations of C&C 3/Incursion. In other words, the never got anything related to a playable build.

Well I think this C&C Commando PS1 tech demo proves that there really could be anything out there :)

Digital archaeology...

...no. A Playstation program. Did you even watch the video? -_-

Or the fact that it says PlayStation in the big blue news headline (topic) at the top of the page :P

Him missing that was what made me conclude he probably didn't bother to watch the video, yeah :P

After all theses years, I was totally unaware there were plans for a PlayStation version of C&C Renegade (aka C&C Commando).

I had to re-register just for this post. Myself, I was aware there was a Playstation version, but no footage to confirm its existence.

As I recall, one of the 3D artists for Renegade (Eric K) told me it was started as a Playstation game before it got retooled for PC. I also recall it initially didn't have anything to do with C&C.

Wow. They got themselves a nice find!

I had to re-register just for this post.

You can always use the Forgot Your Password option :P

You can always use the Forgot Your Password option :P

Easier said than done when the email address is dead and I'm not sure of the old user name. So that's a :P back to you.

Edited by ComSR