Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Joe Kucan Interview

A Russian site, called Hi-Tech.Mail.Ru, recently posted a new interview with the one and only Joe Kucan. In this interview Joe discusses Command & Conquer, Westwood Studios, his brother Daniel and of course his latest project, A Public Fit. The interview is all in Russian though, but thanks the power of Google Translate you can read it in English.

Dka6vgP.jpg

Hi-Tech.Mail.Ru: In the first Command & Conquer Kane appeared before us in the image of the leader of the terrorists, anti-globalists. Then, in the Command & Conquer: Red Alert, he suddenly showed up at the headquarters of Stalin and even helped to poison him some tea. Then (in the times of oppression EA-) we found out that Kane - this is some ancient creature that uses Tiberium to lure newcomers to the Earth, which had to build a teleportation towers, of which there are using Kane eventually washed away from our planet. In this regard, two questions: who is this Kane really? And what was the original intention of the person Kane? Now, even when you do not believe in the return of the leader of the Brotherhood, it is certainly possible to discuss.

Joe Kucan: In the early 90s with Eydie Laramore, one of the authors of the universe C & C, deliberately left mysterious origin, nature, and purpose of Kane. It seemed to us - the more questions arise from players about Kane, the more they [...] on the subject line. Or for themselves will answer all your questions. I liked this approach - no one is really unable to understand the true nature of the incredible creation that exists in the world that we can not see, using familiar tools. At first, the players see Kane through media filters: a summary of the news reports from the front, they hear about it from his henchmen - Seth. So I seriously liked the ambiguity of identity Kane. Toward the end of a series of Electronic Arts obviously felt the need to make more specifics in his image.

The translation is a little rough in spots but still easy to understand. Click here for the full interview in English or Russian.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that comment YkudzA :confused:

Sonic seldom post C&C news from Russian websites.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that comment YkudzA :confused:

I mean that you are faster than Russian fans :)