Plok

CommandAndConquer.com Turned Into Placeholder Site

The official Command & Conquer website has been redesigned to a mere placeholder page. The forums are removed, at least from public view, all information on long since Command & Conquer game are gone, and there is only a link to the Tiberium Alliances site and forums and a purchase link for The Ultimate Collection.

Icz3OiO.png

What does this mean? The site was mostly ignored by EA officials after C&C2013 was cancelled with next to no work done on it whatsoever until now. Could this mean something is in the pipeline?

UPDATE: The change was completely rolled back and the site looks like it has before. The forums are back online as well.

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

Anyway, back to lurking in the TA forum. Haven't been in there for a while. Probably still toxic as hell.

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.

Unless they're immediately cleaned up by their old owners, websites aren't changed like this without a reason.

UPDATE: The change was completely rolled back and the site looks like it has before. The forums are back online as well.

I thought C&C is dead, but then I guess EA still cares some hope for C&C.

But this post by CNC_Tethis still puzzles me: http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/index.php/topic/33643-generals/#entry412764

Neither Bioware Austin nor DICE LA will likely make a new C&C game unless they bring in the experienced RTS developers (not newbie ones).

Missing assets all over the official C&C page. Some media heavy pages are back like before while others have a lot of missing chunks.

YllLrA3.jpg?1

Seems odd to change the official site then change it back again in the same day. The place holder site would been better anyway. Because the now the main site still gives the impression that you can apply for the beta.

As for the transfer of C&C to Bioware Austin. This is simply a name only thing really. It doesn't mean they will be doing anything with the franchise.

There is nothing puzzling about the post by CNC_Tethis, as he knows nothing more than we do. Without sounding like a nasty bastard, he's just a moderator on a forum that should have been closed a year ago.

Trust me guys. When there any news about the future of the franchise you will see it here CNCNZ.com (and everywhere else), not some obscure forum post.

Missing assets all over the official C&C page. Some media heavy pages are back like before while others have a lot of missing chunks.

YllLrA3.jpg?1

Its been like for awhile actually. Images failing to display and the page really never stops loading. The site is broken.

If anyone wants to backup something important from the official C&C forums, now would be the time.

Yeah all those posts made in the past year from people bitching about not receiving a beta key should be saved and archived forever ;)

Yeah all those posts made in the past year from people bitching about not receiving a beta key should be saved and archived forever ;)

Not what I meant, but yeah. ^_^

So...

Nothing actually happened today huh? :P

Those failing to load images on the main site won't be returning. Since the game was cancelled they let those images in a sense go by the way side.

If the forums were to close myself, Cypher or Methuselah would let you know.

other than that back to the same old outdated forums :)

Those failing to load images on the main site won't be returning. Since the game was cancelled they let those images in a sense go by the way side.

Brilliant move on EA's part. Leaving a broken, out date and generally ****ed site up online for all to see as the official home for C&C :rolleyes:

other than that back to the same old outdated forums :)

Truth be told, if they ever close those forums I doubt many would care.

• Upvote 1

Sonic is right on everything.

I've asked about the site multiple times and was told a placeholder site would go up when it's ready. Notice I've stopped asking cause it's probably not high on the to do lists at EA. Personally, I would like the site changed as well and the forums remove the cancelled C&C section. Everyone agrees change is needed but the question is "when".

Looks like the C&C forums could be gone for good, because now I am getting a 404 error there. Besides I don't think the TA forum will be the temporary the new official C&C forums there.

So much for that.

Seems odd to change the official site then change it back again in the same day. The place holder site would been better anyway. Because the now the main site still gives the impression that you can apply for the beta.

As for the transfer of C&C to Bioware Austin. This is simply a name only thing really. It doesn't mean they will be doing anything with the franchise.

There is nothing puzzling about the post by CNC_Tethis, as he knows nothing more than we do. Without sounding like a nasty bastard, he's just a moderator on a forum that should have been closed a year ago.

Trust me guys. When there any news about the future of the franchise you will see it here CNCNZ.com (and everywhere else), not some obscure forum post.

Its been like for awhile actually. Images failing to display and the page really never stops loading. The site is broken.

Be nice Sonic that is not exactly true. I'm not saying we are a fount of inside information we're not but Tethis speaks the truth here.

So much for that.

The decision to close the forums or not is not 100% set in stone at this time although my gut is telling me that they are gone. We were told they would stay up and the placeholder site would link to them but that appears to have changed. We should know for certain pretty shortly.

So...

Nothing actually happened today huh? :P

PS hello brother Luk3us it is most excellent to see that you are still around. Sorry for the double post, I'm not bright enough to figure out how to add a quote to a multiquote so after thinking about it for a moment I have up :)

It's great to see you back, Methuselah. B)

Maybe it's about time the guys here at CNCNZ probably need someone to cover C&C TA news updates, like you.

hehehehehe! You look like you were doing a nice job of it yourself based on my wandering around the site for a moment or two yesterday :)

What I'd really like to be covering is some news on Command & Conquer but all is pretty quiet. Still waiting on a final decision on the forums I will report back when I have it.

Certainly a shock to see the forums just vanish. Bring on CnCNet & C&C:Online to keep multiplayer alive at least!

It looks like a decision has been made to not bring the forums back :(

Figures, they don't care about any user related content that some people kept there. All that info, just gone - not even a "backup your stuff, forum closure incoming" notice!! Tells you a lot about the people in charge regarding C&C. They just don't give a s*** about any of us, only money.

Edited by AZ-Stalker