Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Official Command & Conquer Site Changed Again

Following on from the news last week about CommandAndConquer.com, the official site for all things Command & Conquer, being changed to a place holder site and then rolled back to the original site again in less than a day. Looks like the place holder site is back once again. There is no mention of the cancelled Command & Conquer game any more, only a link to the Tiberium Alliances site and forums and a purchase link for The Ultimate Collection remain.

Ix5XPVF.jpg

From what I've heard this change has been in the pipe line for awhile. But there still no word on the future of the franchise.

The "Play TA Now" box should switch with the "Buy TUC Now" box.

The only sign of the cancelled C&C game is this background which they are too lazy to change.

hv4zGZJ.jpg

Edited by HOPE1134

The old forums seem to be gone as well since the forums button leads to the TA forums. I tried using my bookmark of the old forums and it 404'd

I find it strange that they removed the official forums though. They were a horrible cesspool of bitching and moaning but they could have kept them, minus the specific forums related to the cancelled C&C game. I wish I had point of contact within EA, I'd love to tell them what a bull**** job they are doing.

• Upvote 2

I wish I had point of contact within EA, I'd love to tell them what a bull**** job they are doing.

EA loves feedback, they live off of it. So feel free to leave any valuable feedback over there:

tumblr_ndewtn5JdN1tsoujko1_400.jpg

You know what the difference is between the first and current placeholders? The language selection drop menu in the top right has more words :haha:

Darn with them : (

I was using the forum to get help in modding KW and many others did

the forum had many files to download and answers from other people who work really hard to make/find them

not to mention Mod's faq and World Builder's FAQ that people made

All this hard work was deleted as if was nothing....

Now I'm stuck at modding

Thank you very much EA :(

Edited by Egozi44

I'm super pissed about the removal of the forums. They didn't serve too much of a purpose and they were pretty much dead but having them there was nice. Simply nuking the whole thing seems strange.

Fingers crossed for new forums eventually.

For now, I'm taking refuge in here

I don't really understand why they removed access to the forums, I guess it was messy from the cancellation and they just want to shove C&C under the rug and forget about it. Okay, that was a little cynical.
Perhaps they are planning on reviving C&C - again - and they will release a brand new forum - again - in conjunction with the announcement. Some of the subsections in the official forum were useful for tech support when people had issues with their C&C games so it is a shame that is gone too. Ah well, RIP off-topic.

I hope the forums are coming back, there was a lot of useful stuff in there.

They were forwarding people to the Answer HQ mostly instead of the forums, maybe they wanted to get rid of it for a longer time already

I'm being part of a restricted early access of a game (not C&C, btw) and the community is pissed off thinking there is nothing being done but it's quite the contrary.

Some people known to be part of this access sometimes come and answer questions, but still there are ppl that keeps disbeliefing in any feedback.

In the C&C case, I don't think the franchise will be abandoned but I know, if there is something being done, they will want to say and promote that, otherwise it will not be good for business, even if it's case of a release 3-5 years from now. It's not easy to sell games and there is no point to make absolut secrecy.

Fake secrecy "warfare" in the other hand, if well done, ...

Some other user from GR.org is thinking that the EA guys are just cleaning up C&C's website and forums. But to me, it still remains a mess. They should be removing the cancelled C&C content and retain the official C&C forums (without the C&C 2013 discussion section).

Some of my important materials are still in those forums. :(

For now, I'm taking refuge in here

Well anyone from the now dead official forums is more than welcome to migrate here to our forums. So please spread the word that these forums are for all C&C fans.

Judging by the previous replacement, the forum database is probably still stored somewhere.

There are some SDK/WB FAQs here:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/14298-c-c3-mod-sdk-and-wb-faq-updated-432014/

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/14299-ra3-mod-sdk-and-wb-faq-updated-1172012/

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Thanks

I guess I will start ask questions about modding here instead...

there was a guy in the older forum which helped me a lot and I don't know if I will be able to manage creating my mod without his help : (

most KW modders either don't have time to help me or either don't want to... so it a bit hard

I made a post there with 3 questions and got a few answers but didn't got the chances to reply and ask for more help since the forum died

So this basically kills cnc modding for newer games, the mod sections of any other site but the official died years ago.

C&C modding should be strong and continue forward despite the forums being offline. Modding for newer C&C games(if any) remains a mystery. Yes, I know how much modding means to C&C in order to keep things alive and well.

Edited by CNC_Tethis

So any news about the official forums coming back online? Or has EA gone from giving us the middle finger towards a new game, have they gone and given us the shocker by screwing the forum community over now aswell?

*puts on some white snake*

*hums* goin' down the only road I've ever known....like a drifter i was born to....... *hums*

I call dips on the sofa if we're gonna squat here for a while B)

I have been on the EA Help system about this very issue daily. So far I haven't heard anything from anybody in a position of authority at EA about the return of the official forums. Really annoying.... So yeah I guess will be one of the ones making the migration to these forums.

So any news about the official forums coming back online? Or has EA gone from giving us the middle finger towards a new game, have they gone and given us the shocker by screwing the forum community over now aswell?

*puts on some white snake*

*hums* goin' down the only road I've ever known....like a drifter i was born to....... *hums*

I call dips on the sofa if we're gonna squat here for a while B)

I am so glad you are here, Ravendark. :) We need you on the modding sections. If by any chance Jvmnck is to return, IDK how to contact him, because I need the WrathEd defs re-uploaded here as well as Megumi/Lauren updated WrathEd files.

No official decision has been made as to whether the official forums will return or not. My gut tells me no but that is just a guess it is not supported by anything official. I get what they are trying to do there, TA is the only "active" (in EA's eyes) C&C game at this time but I just can't see the TA forums being a hub for legacy game discussion.

Using TA forums for legacy game discussion would be a terrible mistake, even if they were able to import the posts from the official forums. The way TA forums were organized in first place is incompatible with this kind of idea and the content in the official forums were too valuable to be lost.

I feel maybe there will be generals 2 news this year. I believe the sudden change of site is because EA probably planing on something.