FunkyFr3sh

Tiberian Sun patches - Fix for the windows 8 menu problems and more

Download

Features

Fix for the main menu problems on Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 ( Black Screen / Invisible Menu / Freezing )

Fix for the following error: "A mouse is required for playing Tiberian Sun."

Fix for the following error: "One or more DLL files were missing or damaged. Please reinstall."

Fix for the following error: "Error: Unable to set video mode"

Crash fix for resolutions with more than 1200 height (up to 4k 3960x2640 and more is supported)

Random freezing can be fixed by setting "Single Processor Affinity" via the config

Online support via CnCNet with hundreds of players

Final Sun Map Editor

Game Launcher

Config Program

Compatibility

The patch has been tested with The First Decade/The Ultimate Collection/Clean CD Install (version 2.03 is required)

Note: The patch is NOT compatible with any other unofficial patches, please make sure you are only using it on a clean official unmodified installation!

The unofficial The First Decade Patch will -not- work in combination with this patch! Some missions will not be playable anymore if you install TSpatch and the unofficial The First Decade Patch into the same game folder.

Windows 7

The menu bug (Black Screen/Invisible Menu/Freezing) should only occur on windows 8 / 8.1 / 10, if you are running into a similar bug on Windows 7 then the problem is most likely related to broken drivers.

You can also try to enable DDwrapper+DirectDraw Emulation in the config program.

Edited by FunkyFr3sh
  • Upvote 1

Just wanted to say that installing 337.88 geforce driver fixed NO MENUS bug in Tiberian Sun completely for me. Game, which is licensed First Decade disk + community patch 103 rev4, runs perfect as before. My favorite nvidia driver, I love it.

Hello,

I got some trouble with configuring the setup.. and it looks like im the only one.

I have windows 10 and downloaded a legit TS and after install i downloaded your patch.

The game works but not in window mode.

When try to play in 1024 x 768 i get a tiny screen.. best fit seems atm is 800x600.

Other than that i got No cd and single processor affinity checked and rendering on default(dunno what that means tho)

Hope someone can help me out.

Nick

Right-click on the TS executable or shortcut. In the Compatibility tab, enable the 16-bit colour mode. Then you can run it in windowed mode with the -win parameter.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried it but when i check off window mode and press apply it unchecks by it self straight away.

No no, you need to add the -win parameter to your shortcut's target line.

In the shortcut's properties, click on the Shortcut tab and go to the Target entry. You'll see it like this:

"C:\Your game directory\SUN.EXE"

Set it to be:

"C:\Your game directory\SUN.exe" -win

Notice that -win is divided from the target with a space line and is outside the quote marks. Also, not sure if your shortcut leads to SUN.exe or game.exe, try either.

I had to disable the window mode checkbox in the config tool for windows 8/10 users since too many people reported problems with it (thats why it does indeed uncheck itself)

I have been working recently on something new that fixes the alt+tab problems on windows 8/10, it also comes with a new window mode that works fine on windows 8/10. The new window mode does also lock your cursor inside of the window unlike the original window mode! Everything is based on a tool named DxWnd made by gho, I turned it into a proxy .dll for ease of use.

It is not done yet, but will be soon included in TSpatch! If you like, try it out already now (extract the files into your game folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5by5H1Q2PxEelRrcFkwanZCZmM/view

You can enable the window mode via the .ini file that is included in the .zip (RunInWindow=Yes)

These files also work for Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge and I heard it also works for westwood Nox

You can also try what Plokite_Wolf said, he describes the official way of doing!

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

I had to disable the window mode checkbox in the config tool for windows 8/10 users since too many people reported problems with it (thats why it does indeed uncheck itself)

The same way you disabled the 1366x768 resolution in RA1 because these vague "people" (of questionable computer literacy) reported "problems" with it?

Also, didn't you just need to make the checkbox trigger the -win parameter itself?

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Windowed mode can be force enabled by going into Sun.ini and setting Video.Windowed= to yes (This was introduced in Hyperpatch which this patch is based on) careful though as the config tool might change this again if you use it.

TS Windowed Mode does work in Win8 and up. Game.exe just needs to be set to 16-bit colour emulation mode. Depending on the system and driver it can work poorly though.

The same way you disabled the 1366x768 resolution in RA1 because these vague "people" (of questionable computer literacy) reported "problems" with it?

When I tested it 1366 x 768 didn't work in RA1. It used to in earlier versions of the high res patch before the sidebar reacted to resolution changes.

Edited by Tore

Howdy folks!

Had to join this forum simply to say thank you for creating the patch as listed in the original post. I purchased the Ultimate Collection because although I have all the original games already I couldn't run them on my main PC (Win 7 Pro 64 bit) and my laptop (Win 8 Home 64 bit). With the patch (which includes other goodies too!) it sorted the issue out with this Ultimate Edition/version of Tiberian Sun. So thank you very, very much for going to all that trouble to make this available!

Will now see if I can get my brother to get this Ultimate version too, as we used to have terrific battles. Hopefully he will.

Oh, and another reason why I joined is cos this site is in New Zealand - a no-brainer for me - I am in Auckland. ;)

Wow, worked like a spell!

Thanks for the patch!

Question. I have a blinking square in the right bottom of the game window. I think it's something from the Windows tray. What can I do to fix this?

Win10 x64, The First Decade edition, patch 103 v4 applied, applied patch from the top post.

UPD. Solved, lol. It was task manager status scale, when it changes it blinks.

Edited by MackRaven

Me again. This time it's "Unable to read scenario error" only in Firestorm, for the both campaigns, savegames works fine if you do not restart the mission.

What can I do with this?

Thanks in advance.

Me again. This time it's "Unable to read scenario error" only in Firestorm, for the both campaigns, savegames works fine if you do not restart the mission.

What can I do with this?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late response, didn't check the forums for some time.

Your problem is that you probably tried to apply multiple patches at the same time. TSpatch only works on a clean unmodified installation

Thanks for the patch, was finally able to get it up and running.  Still pretty laggy, any suggestions?  Wineskin 2.6.2 on a late model mac.  Thanks in advance!

@krvz

For Skirmish/Online/LAN better use this download: http://funkyfr3sh.cnc-comm.com/files/CnCNet.dmg

If you like to play the campaign then you could install it into this wrapper rather than creating a new one.

If you prefer to create a new wrapper:

WS9WineCX14.1.10

use mac driver

add ddraw override

use ddwrapper with NoVideoMemory set

Edit:

Here is a full tutorial for creating a new wrapper for the full game install

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/5895-is-there-a-list-of-wineskin-settings-anywhere/?do=findComment&comment=47499

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

@FunkyFr3sh

Serious thanks for the link to the tutorial.  Made it through install after following the instructions, but crashes on install.  I've attached the backtrace if that helps.  Would appreciate any other input.

krvz

backtrace.txt

Hiya peeps!

1st Very happy to have found  you...I have been suffering  greatly from TS/FS  not running on win 8'1 but never thought there were other people having these same issues.  Apparently they are everywhere though XD   I'm confident the above will help me fix it, but have another question.  Generals and Zero hour both do not launch either,  and so maybe this issue should be addressed similarly --presuming that the issues are related. Any (further) help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CNC Ernie