Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Legacy C&C Subforum Opened on Official Tiberium Alliances Forums

While the future of the official C&C forums is still uncertain, new events have taken place. Those of you who have bookmarks that used to lead to the forums may have noticed that the link currently redirects to the Tiberium Alliances forums. The Tiberium Alliances community manager, EA_Fixnow, has created a special subforum there, called simply "Command & Conquer Franchise", with 4 boards: one for general chat and one for each series. You can read his statement below:

gk7wOoI.png

Hi,

First of all I would like to welcome you all to the new C&C forums. You are probably wondering what might have happened to the good old franchise forums on http://www.commandandconquer.com. We would first like to apologies to you about removing the old forums without prior notice. The website has been updated and the forums were removed together with the old website.

We are currently looking into possibly backing up the old forums and threads so that we can integrate them here. However please understand that we cannot promise anything as of yet.

Please make yourself comfortable and free to discuss anything C&C related in our forums. Once again, big welcome to our forums!

You can check the subforum out by clicking here.

This is really turning into total chaotic situation. Who ever is making the decisions concerning what happens on CommandandConquer.com isn't thinking to clearly. The creation of some legacy forums on the Tiberium Alliances forums, while appreciated, is not a solution.

The ideal solution would have been to change CommandandConquer.com to the place holder site that is now but leave the official forums has they were, minus the cancelled C&C related sections. If many other people can think of this why can't EA? I get the feeling those who are in charge of CommandandConquer.com have simply taken the quickest and therefore cheapest route to tidy things up. And why the **** did it take over a year to do any of this anyway?

Over the years EA have never really bothered to set up CommandandConquer.com to be a true reflection of the franchise. It is always changed as needed to promote the latest game. Just think of all the content created from the C&C3/KW/RA3 days (much of it made by APOC) that has all been wiped away.

Via the Internet Archive, how the Official C&C Site used to be http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.commandandconquer.com/

Either they are showing us the finger or they genuinely are making something new. The site change by itself means something is moving, as C&C isn't bringing much money anymore, yet some webmasters were sent to do this when they didn't have to.

As much as I dislike TA and consider this a temporary solution, I do think Fixnow needs to be commended for doing this, and so quickly at that. He's doing the best he can to investigate the situation and understands the need for legacy title discussion.

There is simply no excuse for throwing away all of the content that was on the official forum without any kind of upcoming forum closure notice so everyone could back up their data, files and contacts in due time. This has reached a new level of bulls*** and EA has dug itself a very deep grave.

Just wait and see how sometime in the future they apologize with free stuff and all that crap and everyone instantly forgives them as usual, that is IF they apologize for "any inconvenience caused by our blablabla". I hope people don't fall for that crap again like they always do. I'm at a loss for words, this is ONE BIG middle finger towards the C&C community and nothing can redeem them in my eyes.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that they were so incompetent that they had pre-release Beta edited screenshots on their old C&C history of games tab - another clear sign that they don't even know what the older games actually looked like.

EA JUST DOESN'T GIVE A F***! So quick, give them more money, buy Battlefield to support them or some other crap they hyper-market. They have absolutely no respect for the C&C fanbase and care only about one thing - money, money and even more truckloads of money.

/end of angry EA rant

Edited by AZ-Stalker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

EA closes and opens new official forums every 2-3 years. They changed more often than the official website and each time all was lost. really nothing new today.

EA closes and opens new official forums every 2-3 years. They changed more often than the official website and each time all was lost. really nothing new today.

Exactly!

EA closes and opens new official forums every 2-3 years.

That doesn't justify not posting some kind of warning that the forum was about to close for all of the users which had various content over there. A small notice at least a week before the closure would have been enough for everyone to backup their content and exchange contact info with other people they met there.

yes, maybe, but I think they have always done without warning.

so it is not a correct way to proceed but it is not new with EA, EAP, EALA, Victory Games...

All of that only shows how little they care. We can't just let them treat the fanbase like that, even if it has become "normal", albeit it's not like a large portion of the fans even knows about it nor cares enough to stop sending money towards EA - the only way to really make them think about what they've done in my opinion.

Just remembered this video, kind of fitting:

Edited by AZ-Stalker

and the response of EA: no more money, no more CnC. end of discussion. Yeah !

maybe it's a good news for some fans, not for me. although EA manages so crappy fans, I always like playing new CnC.

Edited by tchutch

As you just stated, it's an EA paradox. Not much else to add to that.

and the response of EA: no more money, no more CnC. end of discussion. Yeah !

This may well turn out good in the respect of not having any more subpar titles further mutilating the C&C brand, if anything.

Even I could think of telling BrandSins to add a sin rant of EA's woes to the video of "Everything Wrong with EA in 5 minutes or less". It should be way more than that.... EA killing C&C and they don't care anything else, all but to clean up once they are done with profits/stuff and goes on.

I am sure pretty soon there will be a horde of complaints to the EA desk. By the time it's April, make sure you voters continue to vote for EA for worst company of the year in Consumerist.

And guess what happened to the C&C TA forum lately? Someone is putting advertising threads in the General Chat section of C&C TA and no one was responding to close down those threads.

I'm pretty sure Comcast is far worse than a video game company.

• Upvote 1

And guess what happened to the C&C TA forum lately? Someone is putting advertising threads in the General Chat section of C&C TA and no one was responding to close down those threads.

That identical spammer has been plaguing Revora as well for quite some time. Some people need to be tortured.

I responded :)

There is simply no excuse for throwing away all of the content that was on the official forum without any kind of upcoming forum closure notice so everyone could back up their data, files and contacts in due time. This has reached a new level of bulls*** and EA has dug itself a very deep grave.

Just wait and see how sometime in the future they apologize with free stuff and all that crap and everyone instantly forgives them as usual, that is IF they apologize for "any inconvenience caused by our blablabla". I hope people don't fall for that crap again like they always do. I'm at a loss for words, this is ONE BIG middle finger towards the C&C community and nothing can redeem them in my eyes.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that they were so incompetent that they had pre-release Beta edited screenshots on their old C&C history of games tab - another clear sign that they don't even know what the older games actually looked like.

EA JUST DOESN'T GIVE A F***! So quick, give them more money, buy Battlefield to support them or some other crap they hyper-market. They have absolutely no respect for the C&C fanbase and care only about one thing - money, money and even more truckloads of money.

/end of angry EA rant

What I can say is that the forums were removed without warning and NOBODY including some CM's within EA had any prior warning. The switch was just turned off and that's that.