Sonic

New Look CNCNZ.com is Now Live

The new look design for CNCNZ.com is now up and running. Its a mix of old and new, still retaining our classic blue colour scheme, with one slight twist. The menus to navigate around the site should not only look better but from my testing should work better. Everything else is basically the same. You will also notice that our unofficial site mascot, the always impressive Mammoth Mark II, is now on display as a feature background.

logo.png

I'm still fixing a few bugs on the main page with how the news displays and some other minor things I've spotted around the site that need some fine tuning, but other than that our latest design is live. Feel free to share your comments, feedback or report anything that looks broken.

• Upvote 1

Very sleek, I like it! The dark blue and orange contrasts really make it pop.
I'm sure you've noticed, but the navigation dropdown menus overlap with the circle buttons which operate image selection on the index slideshow.

EDIT: The same dropdown menus have a slight delay before being removed from sight after the mouse pointer moves away from them, could use some adjusting.

Edited by AZ-Stalker

I'm sure you've noticed, but the navigation dropdown menus overlap with the circle buttons which operate image selection on the index slideshow.

Yes I've spotted that, its on my fix it list ;)

EDIT: The same dropdown menus have a slight delay before being removed from sight after the mouse pointer moves away from them, could use some adjusting.

I thought I tweaked it so it wasn't so slow. I've made a quick change to speed up the drop down.

Its been a bit tricky to get that up and running. For the past few days something causing the site/forums to lag and load painfully slow.

On mobile, only the background and font colour are new, but it's ridiculous how that change refreshes the look of the site and makes it look more pro. Well done!

Since the update I cannot even load the main page anymore.

The slow loading or not loading at all issue is something else. Not caused by the new design. It was doing it before that. I can't solve it right now since I don't know what's causing it. I've asked for help from our server admins but haven't got any help yet.

Ok this problem has been fixed. The menu now correctly displays over the slideshow navigation.

On mobile, only the background and font colour are new, but it's ridiculous how that change refreshes the look of the site and makes it look more pro. Well done!

Yeah the mobile version remains the same really, there is only so much you can display on small screen ;)

On my iPhone the background looks more look a blue pattern to me...

n071fqG.png

Well it was fine for me before you switched to the new design.

I really like this new layout! Definitely feels a lot more spacious and fluid than before. Good job!

Well it was fine for me before you switched to the new design.

I can't see how, when I noticed the site dragging to a crawl earlier today, I switched the main site back to the old design and it was doing the same thing. The speed/slow loading/lagging issue is a global server related problem that we have been dealing with for many months now. Trust me.

For now I can only suggest clearing your browser cache, clear cookies etc.... Kind of long shot, but I've seen it solve problems with the forums in the past.

Just to confirm. I have tested the new design in Firefox, Chrome, and crappy old IE. Even Safari on iOS ;)

I like the re-modelled design of the main site. What about the forums? Will it get a makeover as well?

That's the plan. I'll be changing the colours just a bit. It will be a new theme for the forums. The current theme will still be available though.

I'm still fine tuning some of the CSS behind the scenes. Trying to figure out why YouTube embedded videos look stretched out though.

As for the updated forum theme, I'll start working on that over the next couple of days. Its going to look slightly different, not a major change.

To which links are you referring?

approved! now later one maybe a facelift on the forums i guess.

p.s oot, why the hell do i still have this "1 warning point" since 2013?? :/ should not be removed automatically?

Edited by Johnnyxp64

To which links are you referring?

h2 title links. e.g click Renegade X Funny Moments, it opens in a new tab yet its not external

approved! now later one maybe a facelift on the forums i guess.

As I said above its in the works.

p.s oot, why the hell do i still have this "1 warning point" since 2013?? :/ should not be removed automatically?

Not exactly on topic there. Nothing to do with the current topic. But for the record warnings a removed at the discretion of the forum staff when the time is right. They are not removed automatically.

h2 title links. e.g click Renegade X Funny Moments, it opens in a new tab yet its not external

Ah those ones. They have been set to _blank, so they open in a new window. As it goes to a link on the forum. I consider the forums an external part of the site.