COKaJOQ.jpg

Throwback Thursday is a new regular feature that will appear every Thursday from today, right here at CNCNZ.com. Each one will look back at something from the past that was interesting, awesome, funny or just plain old strange. They will be Command & Conquer related of course. Today, lets kick things off looking back at the design of the Nod Engineer from Tiberian Twilight, this was defiantly one of the worst designed units in the game. It became known as the "The Flying Worm Man". Seriously, what the hell were they thinking when they came up with this one?

Check back next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

Never got why there's so much hate for it.

The Crayon Avatar was far more hilarious :haha:

and then there's this.

cnc4_cyborg_engineer_redesign_by_walterv

• Upvote 2

I really really like it!! got disappointed when everybody supposely hate the design and got canned :(

and then there's this.

cnc4_cyborg_engineer_redesign_by_walterv

pretty cool! where is this from??

• Upvote 1

I barely remember that, there were some odd art choices in that game.... A game we can never speak of. :nod:

I really really like it!! got disappointed when everybody supposely hate the design and got canned :(

pretty cool! where is this from??

Someone proposed to change the flying worm man into that.

Someone The Legendary PizzaAtomica proposed to change the flying worm man into that.

Well it wasn't really a serious proposition, more like "Look EA, if the engineer really has to look like a flying worm you could also do it like this".

I also did a new design for the Scorpion Tank which was later repurposed for mod concept art:

http://waltervermeij.deviantart.com/art/CnC4-Scorpion-Tank-Redesign-153715005

Well it wasn't really a serious proposition, more like "Look EA, if the engineer really has to look like a flying worm you could also do it like this".

I also did a new design for the Scorpion Tank which was later repurposed for mod concept art:

Ah yes, Tiberian Eclipse. A recreation of C&C4 but ultimately ruined by a certain someone...

• Upvote 1

you design this i see. better than the one in Tiberian Twilight!!

So this new CNCNZ feature on what is known as Throwback Thursday kinda reminds me of Tacitus Thursday that former C&C CM Aaron "Apoc" Kauffman once did to feature C&C3/KW content and news.

Yes APOC used to do something similar a few years ago. "Throwback Thursday" is something that has been done for years in other media. I adopted its use for CNCNZ.com to have some type of weekly feature to keep the site updated when news runs dry. We have wealth of archived content here so I thought it would be cool to go back and relive some of it. I don't plan them to far ahead so feel free to PM me your ideas for them.