Sign in to follow this  

Make Brutal AI easier?

I win most of the 1v1 battles against Hard AIs but I get raped on Brutal and it's not fun.I am wondering if it's possible to create a new difficulty called Very Hard,a hibrid between Hard and Brutal which gives the AI 25% more cash and not 100% more like on Brutal or maybe just nerf Brutal at least.If it's possble,could someone point me to the files I would need to edit in order to accomplish this task?Thanks in advance.

P.S:I am talking about KW.

Edited by Guest

You can play around with handicap settings.

True that,but what about Global Conquest mode?There are no handicap settings there.

Most of the difficulty settings come from how fast and how much the ai builds. That is mostly done through the ai personality files. If you want to to alter those, you will have to extract them first with wrathed.

But honostly the time you will be using to learn to understand the ai setup you might aswell use that time to train yourself to beat the current ai's....it will be less frustrating. Because basicly you will need to learn or understand how to create a full mod in KW. Alot of the ai settings found in the ini files are superficial and wont do much, they are more a remnant from the BFME engine.

I am experienced with modding as I've modded other games before.I am just interested in editing the AI behavior files.I downloaded the full Wrathed SDK and opened the .big files only to find out that the AI related xtmls are not shown and all I can see are a couple of memory addresses of some sort.Here is an example screenshot of what I see if I want to check out any AI file xtml:

oEb6CpZ.jpg

wrathed basicly converts that information from the stringhashes. But wrathed is a community tool, so it seems that part of the wrathed files isnt converted yet.

Megumi or JVN(he has added alot to the TW templates for Wrathed) might be better to answer that.

You are viewing only the entries in the static_common_2.manifest, the files you are looking for are in an older version. If you want to extract stuff I suggest loading a skudef, not a big. This will load all assets in their most recent versions.

And no, no hashes involved. The manifest file is a list of all assets in that stream. The entry also defines the length in bytes of the asset, as the binary length is 0 here it means that the asset is not in the corresponding bin file, thus it's loaded from an earlier version (load skudef loads all manifest and version files and connects them).

Edited by Lauren

i actually use the skudef, still cant get the xml code to display. My TW has the schematics for SkirmishAI in its folders. KW doesnt seem to have those, hence why i asumed they arent converted/created yet for kw. Not sure if JVN made those for TW a while back, as im using the wrated definitions he posted on the late official forums.

21b96c7.png

Oh right, I didn't touch AI stuff for KW, was quite exhausted from the hundreds of behavior files :D

Still my comment holds true for his case :P

Even if I open the TW skudef file(version 1.9) I cannot open any SkirmishAI xmls...

Using wrathed 1.07gamma and steam version of the games.

Edited by Guest

On 25/04/2015 at 12:30 AM, Guest said:

Even if I open the TW skudef file(version 1.9) I cannot open any SkirmishAI xmls...

Using wrathed 1.07gamma and steam version of the games.

Some ai's are missing but try these link

it added the skirmishAI folder to definitions + changed some typehashes for kane's w.