frostwyrm

Question about Final Sun map editor

So I recently started using Final Sun map editor because I want to edit some Tiberian Sun Firestorm maps.

But I want to ask that is it possible to edit official or random generated maps? I already tried to find the maps but I didn't find any.

Final Sun manual doesn't say anything about it either.

You should be able to edit official maps. They are located in maps01.mix, maps02.mix and maps03.mix (03 is for Firestorm). If you have the CD version of the game, each is found in one of the discs. If you have The First Decade or The Ultimate Collection or have downloaded a freeware release, they should be in your TS directory. Use XCC Mixer to extract maps from them.

I managed to extract all the multiplayer maps.Thanks for your help.

One more thing...If I make random generated map and save it...can I find them somewhere and edit them too? I already guess that it's not possible but it's fine.

So I edited a multiplayer map little bit and saved it but when I started playing the map, the game freezes and says ''Tiberian Sun has encountered an internal error and is unable to continue normally'' :mad:

I had some empty / white squares in the map and that was probably the reason it crashed. It's fixed now. ^_^

Edited by frostwyrm

Editing random maps is a bit strange. I don't think it's actually possible, but find the random map file generated in the TS directory and copy it somewhere else. Open it with Notepad or some other text editor (do not use Word, WordPad or anything of the like) and compare it to a TS map file (mpr I think but map works fine too). If you have the right information, save the random map as an mpr or map file then make sure Official is set to no. With any luck, it will open in FinalSun but if it doesn't, you can't edit random maps...