Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 28th May

jufFLf2.jpg

Here we go with another edition of Throwback Thursday. This week we are looking back one the most unusual looking and way over powered units from Red Alert 3: Uprising in 2009, the almighty Giga-Fortress. It can be said that all of the new units introduced in Uprising were way so over powered but that was ok because since Uprising had no multiplayer modes so it was never case of worrying about the balance of the game. I always felt the Empire of the Rising Sun's Giga-Fortress was one the most unique units added to the game. Starting off as simple floating battle platform, the Giga-Fortress has the ability to transform into a giant flying head. Perhaps they were inspired by Michael Bay for this one. Anyway, once the Giga-Fortress begins flying around as a menacing giant head, it uses the "God's Breath" weapon to destroy all enemies that stand in it's path. And yes the weapon literately spews from it's mouth! The Giga-Fortress was definitely uniquely cool!

Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

The Soviets were screwed over in Uprising, the Empire and the Allies got all of the overpowered junk. The new Soviet units were not terrible, but nothing more than standard units.

I forgot who got what so I looked it up...

Yep the Soviets got screwed over.