Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Finally CNCNZ.com Has Returned.... Home

S1ezt9v.png

After being down for the past 3 days, CNCNZ.com is back online. And for the first time since the very early origins of our history, CNCNZ.com has returned home. And by that I mean our site is now located back on New Zealand soil. We are now based on a server that is situated in Auckland, New Zealand. We made this move after suffering from speed and loading issues on our previous hosting. After much thought I simply felt we needed a change for the benefit of CNCNZ.com moving forward. We had a long and successful association with Freedom Studios (originally) and then Revora for many years and I wish to publicly thank them for everything they did. We now move on to a new chapter in our history. Our new "paid" hosting is with MyHost New Zealand, who have been nothing short of fantastic so far. So if you need some reliable web hosting at prices that won't break the bank talk to them.

Everything has survived the server move. No data has been lost. Our forums are back online of course. I will still be checking to see if anything around the site is broken. If you spot something not working please let us know.

Welcome back :)

Yes its good to have things back up and running again. Hopefully all the speed issues are a thing of the past and I can finally move on to (or start) projects that have been in limbo for awhile now.

Does anyone else notice how much faster things are already. Of course, geographically speaking, I'm very close to the server so its very quick for me.

I should also mention that there is no Throwback Thursday feature for this week.

I had gotten so used to the slowness that I didn't even notice the site was running faster until I actually started paying attention. But yes, it is running nicely for me (so far).

You may have gotten used to it but I found it to be very frustrating to the point where I ignored the site most of the time because of it.

I honestly don't see much difference in page loading speeds now that' it's supposed to be somewhat faster. I still get a few second delays here and there on the main site and sometimes on the forum itself. Never really bothered me though, I got used to it.

You may have gotten used to it but I found it to be very frustrating to the point where I ignored the site most of the time because of it.

Rarely sometimes even unknown bots can scour, hack and slow down this site.

Congratulations! Though I'm sure if the TTL setting on the domain was set to a lower number other DNS servers might have picked up the change faster.