Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

E3 2015 - No Command & Conquer Announcements

dEK9CBL.jpg

E3 has been underway for the past couple of days now in Los Angeles, and all the big players like Microsoft, Sony, Ubisoft, and of course EA have all made their various announcements filled with glitz and glamour. Lots of interesting things have been revealed this year, but sadly nothing for us Command & Conquer fans. I paid close attention to what EA was doing, hoping to see a new Command & Conquer game being announced. It was probably wishful thinking anyway, because Command & Conquer has never made a big splash at E3 over the years. Focus now shifts to August and Gamescom in Cologne, Germany. And oh yeah, August 2015 just happens to be the 20th anniversary of Command & Conquer. Now doesn't that sound like the perfect time to announce the rebirth of the Command & Conquer franchise?

All of the main Red Alert games have been shown at E3s (1996, 2000, 2008). At least we won't have an RA game ;)

All jokes aside, I doubt EA will move a muscle regarding C&C in the next year or two. I figure they lost a lot of money in the last few attempts and won't invest in anything that won't be a blockbuster.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I am thinking C&C is dead. By the time the C&C 20th anniversary is there, EA will have nothing for C&C and probably will have a C&C Origin sale instead, not to mention a future free C&C game On The House.

All of the main Red Alert games have been shown at E3s (1996, 2000, 2008). At least we won't have an RA game ;)

All jokes aside, I doubt EA will move a muscle regarding C&C in the next year or two. I figure they lost a lot of money in the last few attempts and won't invest in anything that won't be a blockbuster.

its sad, and i do not get it. why they just sell the damn IP to someone that is willing to do something. if they are not using it, and they are not making money of it, sell it and let it go. >:(

i miss the old cold war days Starcraft or Warcraft vs CnC or RedAlert :)

• Upvote 1

its sad, and i do not get it. why they just sell the damn IP to someone that is willing to do something. if they are not using it, and they are not making money of it, sell it and let it go. > :(

i miss the old cold war days Starcraft or Warcraft vs CnC or RedAlert :)

I've been saying this for years. EA has so many good IPs being held hostage that I figured they should just put them up for sale. It is kinda win-win when you think about it. Less game for them having to juggle around, more money in their pockets and they can focus on what actually sells for them (Battlefield; Madden; FIFA) and other developers can actually make these games viable franchises again!

• Upvote 1

If only it were that easy.

EA is not going to sell the franchise because they would price it on its potential value while buyers would pay for its current value. It would be stupid for EA to sell it for a tiny profit to a competitor who may resurrect C&C to its former glory and become a rival to EA and cut into their market.

C&C already has a reputation, it can sell games just by bearing the name. See Generals, a fine game on its own, but it completely piggybacked the C&C name, having no common link to its predecessors aside from a Lieutenant Eva (who has so little presence in Generals, I doubt many even remember her existence in the game).

C&C is like an unpolished gemstone, in the right hands it could be refined into a fortune, and EA can't risk that. However, any buyers just want to pay for what it is; a lumpy rock.

• Upvote 1

The only C&C game I can see in the future will be some mobile game. :|

Who needs new C&C game anyway if we have Ani-Toonspiracy(Since it crossovers Command and Conquer)?

You mean the thing that nobody knows anything about and probably doesn't even care? How is that relevant?

• Upvote 1

If C&C is coming back, they'll most probably do an FPS or some other game suited for consoles based on the C&C universe. I don't think we'll see a C&C RTS anytime soon.

You mean the thing that nobody knows anything about and probably doesn't even care? How is that relevant?

Not necessarily, the relevance of that Project is: there's Command and Conquer Crossover in that project along the rest of my fandoms(Command and Conquer are mixed by having CABAL shows up in my Crossover Project as one of it's villains). back when I started the Project, There's another project of mine which much like my crossover project, it has Anunnaki(where they got similar arsenals to one in my Crossover Project) except it's format are Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour mod that's basically Rise of the Reds with Alien Invaders. too bad, I pulled the plug from the mod Project so I can keep on eye on my Crossover Project(fun fact: the day where I cancels my Generals: Zero hour mod project in favor of my Crossover Project(which later becomes my magnum opus) takes place shortly before EA announces Generals 2)

Sorry for (possibly) my grammar

Edited by Masonicon

And how is that relevant to the topic?

And how is that relevant to the topic?

It's about the future of Command and Conquer