Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 25th June

PtFqtoI.jpg

Its time for Throwback Thursday once again. This week we go back to days of Tiberian Sun in 1999. Because its the first time we got to see a new form of Blue Tiberium. While the Green Tiberium was always important, the appearance of Blue Tiberium was interesting and a somewhat of a game changer. It was worth more, once collected and harvested but it was a more dangerous form of Tiberium compared to it's green predecessor. Blue Tiberium was extremely volatile. A Harvester loaded with it was a potential bomb for your enemy to shoot at. It was also lethal in fields, as it was just explosive. Go head and shoot at it and watch your enemies Harvesters blow up with it. On the flip side, it opened up many new tactics for players to utilise. Part of me thinks one reason why Westwood added Blue Tiberium was because Gems were added along side Ore in Red Alert. But since Blue Tiberium had so many advantages or disadvantages, depending your on use of it, and seemed a like natural progression, we can all agree it was welcome addition to the Tiberium universe.

Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

• Upvote 1

Blue Tiberium was introduced in normal Tiberian Sun. What was introduced in Firestorm was the large blue crystals that regrows it once everything is harvested. Like the tree for normal Tiberium.

Edited by Tore

Too bad it wasn't explosive in TW/KW :(

I also remember that blue tiberium was found back in normal TS as well.

Blue Tiberium was introduced in normal Tiberian Sun. What was introduced in Firestorm was the large blue crystals that regrows it once everything is harvested. Like the tree for normal Tiberium.

My mistake :doh: Now corrected. I actually realised this after I posted this, then left for work. So I had every intention of fixing the error ASAP.