Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailers & Discussion

This movie could actually be good after all. I'm starting to have more and more interest in it. Mostly for the Batman side of things though. Anyway, the latest trailer from Comic-Con is here....

Yeah I saw the trailer yesterday or something. I finally *believe* Batman's motivation, and I think nicely ties in with how most people feel after watching Henry's movie. Intentional or clever capitalisation of mood?

I think I've moved from Defcon-5 to Defcon-4 now in terms of interest.

AngryJoe has done a good break down of the new trailer and he shares his reactions to it.....

I'm still convinced about the casting of Lex and WW...

(Will try to watch Antman this week - hoping it's a surprise hit movie.)

Batman is coming for you Superboy! :D :D :D

Batman (Ben Affleck) will also appear in DC's Suicide Squad. This movie includes The Joker played by Jared Leto. He's a very different Joker in this....

I didn't know Batman/Affleck was going to appear in this (even briefly).

- gben likes this :thumbsup:

keep-calm-the-red-capes-are-coming.png

navy-50s-style-dress-asos-dress-red-hood

il_570xN.502356618_5639.jpg

cape.jpg

b16%20cape.jpg

1302554-crimsonempire.jpg

574926-300_movie03_super.jpg

Got my tickets booked and paid for to see Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this Sunday, since I have the day off work (Easter Sunday). Looking forward to it

So I went saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice last night as planned. Kind of mixed feelings on it, some good parts, some rough parts. Ben Affleck was actually a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. Its a very different Batman compared to the Dark Knight/Bale Batman. Overall I'd give this move a solid 6/10. The Batman stuff saves it. If he wasn't portrayed well it would have be 5/10.

AngryJoe has his review (no spoilers), I agree with many of the points he makes.

Also his spoiler discussion.

I think that movie is the most popular underrated movie of the century. Pretty soon, there will be a video on "how Batman vs Superman should have ended" ..... ;)

I have watched this movie and this is a good movie after all, my favorite part is cameo appearances of the

Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg (DC Comics characters) in the computer files.

too bad, Jimmy Olsen are treated like a Redshirt

Edited by Sonic
Add spoiler tags

I watched this movie and I thought it was awful...

• I can't believe they made us go through an origin story... again
  • I can't believe how bad the choreography on the confusing future dessert batman scene was
  • I can't believe how good the choreography on the batman saving martha apartment scene was (highlight of the movie)
  • I can't believe how boring the middle part of the movie was... a friend quipped... Batman vs Superman is usually abbreviated to BvS... but with so little verses in the movie it's just abbreviated to BS
  • I can't believe that the trailer showed everything we needed to know in 2mins, but the filmed dragged it out over 2hrs.
  • I can't believe that the trailer spoils what might have made a more enjoyable film... wonder woman and doomsday.
  • I hated the CLUMSY justice league cameos
  • I can't believe I paid full price to watch this trash.

Missed opportunities

• I liked Holly's performance in the movie, but wouldn't it have been so much better if that plot was done by 'bruce wayne'... an opportunity for verses in at least the philosophical sense
  • I think batman should have been the one to kill doomsday with the spear, while supers was holding him down, and in the process killing supes who sacrifices himself.
  • I still think supes is not fundamentally shown as heroic... this is an idea of self-sacrifice and my fundamental problem with MoS.

I'm no batman/superman/dc fan, but this was a travesty.

The biggest crime of a comic book movie - it was boring!

If this movie is somewhat awful, wait till you see this:

Edited by zocom7

Everyone is raving/hyping up the ultimate edition... I'm sure it will make the film better, but I doubt it will 'fix' it.

Watched the Ultimate Edition on BluRay last night. Adds many missing pieces, fills some holes. Made it a better movie overall, I liked when I watched at the movies earlier this year anyway. Batman is still the best thing in this movie for me.

Is this true?

tumblr_o6vhkqSVfv1r95t24o1_1280.png

Maybe.

He doesn't even talk to Wonder Woman. :P

I would have posted this sooner:

Sounds like Cinema Sins is putting a sins video even for the Ultimate Edition as well:

Yes the ultimate edition is much better, it just makes the story make more sense.

Still too bloody long though. 3 hour movies aren't fun imo.

Just watched the Man of Steel again, on the weekend. I enjoyed it again especially after this BvS debacle. Supes is a great character, if only they could execute those ideas...